Verizon Moto X (2nd gen): When will we get voice and data?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Any idea when we are going to get simultaneous voice and data on VZW? When I bought the phone in October they all said "SOON." Well here we are 7 months later and nothing. Anyone hear anything? Is it coming with the 5.1 update? Any news on when 5.1 is coming?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: When will we get voice and data on Verizon

That's what Advanced Calling (Voice over LTE) is supposed to provide, isn't it? Does your phone have that capability, or is VoLTE available in your area?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Will the VoLTE require a firmware/radio update, or does Verizon need to just flip a switch? The reason I ask is that most every other phone Verizon carries is compatible, and we have been left hanging.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

My guess is rather than trying to jerry-rig volte into android 5.0 motorola is going to update the 2014 X to 5.1 as well which has volte built in. That's the decision they made on the 2013 X.

So probably in the coming months?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Will the VoLTE require a firmware/radio update, or does Verizon need to just flip a switch? The reason I ask is that most every other phone Verizon carries is compatible, and we have been left hanging.

Will require a software update from Verizon. After it's done, you'll need to go to your account on verizonwireless.com and enable the feature. Pretty unbelievable that when they launched the new X they said it would be in the coming months. That was 8 months ago?