battery draining during standby

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the 2014 Moto X, and it drains tons of battery while on standby. I'll go to bed with it at 90% and wake up 8 hours later it will be 40%. Anyone know of a fix? I have the wife turned off and no apps running.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Has to be a wakelock or something of the sorts. Download gsam battery monitor to see what's killing the battery. Post the results after a full battery cycle

Moto X 2014

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the 2014 Moto X, and it drains tons of battery while on standby. I'll go to bed with it at 90% and wake up 8 hours later it will be 40%. Anyone know of a fix? I have the wife turned off and no apps running.

I know you meant "WIFI" but I couldn't help chuckling when I read your OP. Good luck with finding a solution!

Louis Manning

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

One thing i did was put the battery saver on. It basically disables a ton of background functionality but you should still get calls and texts. I made a shortcut just so I can toggle as needed when I know I won't need the phone for a while. This should work with any night mode you have setup as well. It's something to consider.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Does it just happen at night? If so, I would say bad cell reception where ever you put your phone (night stand?).

Also, and I always ask this question, why not just leave your phone plugged in and charging overnight? Unplug in the morning and start the day with 100% battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis