Things on Wifi seem slow.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I'm on Wifi and launch an app like Instagram, there is a lot of lag while it loads images (like a bunch of blank squares for a minute or more). Other apps that download data from the web seem to load slowly as well (on Wifi). My connection is through a Comcast router that speedtest.net shows me getting about 19+mbs (testing on the phone itself), so I can't really blame the Wifi. I'm running LP 5.0 and I've cleared the cache a number of times. I know I could do a hard reset, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible. I don't think the phone behaved this way a month or so ago.

Aside from stopping and starting Wifi, it there any other way to specifically clean up the connection, or any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Grey

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I'm on Wifi and launch an app like Instagram, there is a lot of lag while it loads images (like a bunch of blank squares for a minute or more). Other apps that download data from the web seem to load slowly as well (on Wifi). My connection is through a Comcast router that speedtest.net shows me getting about 19+mbs (testing on the phone itself), so I can't really blame the Wifi. I'm running LP 5.0 and I've cleared the cache a number of times. I know I could do a hard reset, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible. I don't think the phone behaved this way a month or so ago.

Aside from stopping and starting Wifi, it there any other way to specifically clean up the connection, or any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Grey

Are you saying you already tried to pull the power for your Wifi for at least a full 2 minutes, then plugged it back in?

And also, is this happening with every Wifi you are connecting to, or just this one?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying you already tried to pull the power for your Wifi for at least a full 2 minutes, then plugged it back in?

And also, is this happening with every Wifi you are connecting to, or just this one?

At my office, the Wifi works great (again testing via loading anyone's Instagram photos), and it works great at home off of my Wifi. I unplugged my Wifi router for about 10 minutes, removed my connection to it on the phone, then re-established the connection, tested via speedtest.net on the phone to show 30 mbs download, but then again on Instagram, sometimes a persons photos load right up, then I go out, com back in to that same person, and they take 10 to 30 seconds to load.

I have a hard time believing it's my Wifi router, as it always loads stuff fine on the pc, but I don't understand how it can be intermittent on the phone.

Grey

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
At my office, the Wifi works great (again testing via loading anyone's Instagram photos), and it works great at home off of my Wifi. I unplugged my Wifi router for about 10 minutes, removed my connection to it on the phone, then re-established the connection, tested via speedtest.net on the phone to show 30 mbs download, but then again on Instagram, sometimes a persons photos load right up, then I go out, com back in to that same person, and they take 10 to 30 seconds to load.

I have a hard time believing it's my Wifi router, as it always loads stuff fine on the pc, but I don't understand how it can be intermittent on the phone.

Grey

I did NOT say it was a Wifi issue.... but it's a good place to start when you just talk about one Wifi location and don't discuss the same issue happening at different locations and using more then one Wifi.

That said... checking your speed with speedtest is one thing, and actually using different websites is another. Speedtest does test the speed of your connection, but it does nothing about the speed or reliability of specific websites. It might be those sites. Maybe it is an Instagram issue.

gravitybear

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the exact same issue for months. I've tried everything, including replacing my router (after changing all the settings in the old one). No idea what to do.

heres what I tried:

forget network
disable ipv6
went to samsung center and reflashed phone
turned off anything related to wifi in the phone (smart download etc)
gave a static IP
changed DNS servers on the router and separately on the phone

amongst many other things I cant remember off the top of my head. try some of that though, some user have reported success. good luck.