Google Play services

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone so last night I was using Google Maps and the graphics within the application froze so I uninstalled it and I'm using an old version of Google Maps and I went out last night and usually my phone will last about 10 hours when I GPS twice for about 30 minutes plus I when I got home at about midnight it was at 5 percent better which is never happened and I learned in my battery consumption and Google Play services was at 12 percent. But it doesn't tell me which application is doing it too. Has anyone else ever seen this before? Thanks for any support I appreciate it.

32 gig custom made 2nd gen Moto X by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You know it's interesting because even after I read updated Google Maps application and wipe the cash within the application setting this up, Google Play services so sucking a percent of my battery where I would never suck it before. My battery is draining a lot faster than it was before which is driving me nuts. I can't figure out why. There are no new apps I've downloaded but it won't tell me which app is killing my battery...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you only clear the app cache, or the system cache partition as described in the link in my previous post?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Those actually. I'm also trying to read up on some info on XDA Developers about the Google Play services application that's running all the time and sucking up 8 percent of my battery. But no one's really you have in a clear solution as to what the heck is going on. The interesting thing, is actually on my phone was fine that was so awesome battery like crazy.... It just doesn't make any sense to me.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It really did not look like you answered B.Diddy's question when you just say "Those actually."

Did you clear the app cache or the system cache. These are two different things. App cache, you can go into Settings > Apps > go to the All tab > find Google Play Services, select it, then press the Clear Cache button... do the same for Maps. To do System Cache you should follow the directions on the first post of: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/465537-i-can-t-get-my-moto-x-into-recovery-so-i-can-wipe-cache.html.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I think we're both the attic cash and the system partition cache and my Google Play services is still at 12% battery and it's killing my battery juice as we speak.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I think we're both the attic cash and the system partition cache and my Google Play services is still at 12% battery and it's killing my battery juice as we speak.

I just looked at mine and it's the top of the list, but it's only at 3%... but that could be mine specific configuration of apps.

I know it's not a great recommendation, but have you done a Factory Reset since the Lillipop update? I know another update should coming out soon, but it might be some run away memory loss issue. Personally, I would try to hold out for another week or two and see if the next update will fix your issue... hopefully they will release this new 5.1 update soon.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's what I was planning on doing I just hope 5.1 comes out for a speedy of course that's for sure

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No no not at all but good question.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup yup yeah they are. Thanks i also thought of that one myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1