Can't Do Two Things at Once

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I got my newest Moto X as a warranty replacement, I've been having issues. If I'm using Google Maps and a phone call comes in, Maps closes. If I'm listening to SiriusXM and try to use Maps, Sirius closes. It seems like I'm no longer able to do two things at once when using data.

I did tech support with Verizon via chat. I jumped through a few hoops and it worked for less than a day. I just called back and they forwarded me to Asurian because it was a replacement. They want me to do a factory reset. I'm hoping to avoid that. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

That's what chat support was trying to get me to do, but her instructions were unclear. First of all she didn't tell me to start with the phone powered off. She kept telling me to press the power and volume down buttons. She couldn't understand why I was getting screen grabs.

I'll give this a try tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It worked for a while. Now if i'm using Google Maps I get kicked out if the phone rings. It's really annoying.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
It worked for a while. Now if i'm using Google Maps I get kicked out if the phone rings. It's really annoying.

This is a VZW problem that won't be solved until the Moto X gets VoLTE. Right now you can't do voice (phone) and data at the same time on this VZW phone.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is a VZW problem that won't be solved until the Moto X gets VoLTE. Right now you can't do voice (phone) and data at the same time on this VZW phone.

And if I'm not mistaken, you will only be able to surf and talk if on VoLTE? And you can only be on VoLTE if the other person you are talking to is also on Verizon VoLTE. (Other than you can surf and talk if you are on WiFi.)

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with a new Moto X pure on Tmobile.

I think its a software issue. I am going to try the cache wipe thing now.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

And yet yesterday it worked fine. I received two calls while using Google Maps and maps continued to work. I'm baffled.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
And yet yesterday it worked fine. I received two calls while using Google Maps and maps continued to work. I'm baffled.

Once the map is downloaded it's in the phone cache. Data functions, like navigation, will resume after a voice call ends. However, pretty sure you cannot start a new Maps (or other data) query while on a voice call.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that advanced calling feature was released for Verizon(has to be activated In settings) and this fixed the issue of no simultaneous data and talk?

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you are on Lollipop 5.0. My understanding is that there is a memory leak issue that will cause apps to close when other tasks need to be done. They supposedly fixed it with the 5.1/5.1.1 update.

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I also have this problem with the Pure Edition on ATT and wiping the cache partition did not solve it. I hope that 5.1 gets here soon. Otherwise, I will have to go back to my S4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie