Google Music & Amazon Prime Music apps constantly crashing

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What a crummy weekend for the Music apps to start crashing - Memorial Day weekend when I'm driving so much. Google Music keeps crashing as soon as I start navigation in Google Maps. I tried Amazon Prime Music too - same issue. So, I'm thinking it's the recently-updated Maps app that isn't multitasking well.

Anyone else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried the usual steps of clearing cache/data from Google Play Music, Amazon Music, and Google Maps? Or wiping the system cache partition?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I dumped app cache, but I don't remember how to clear the system cache. Still on the road and found that Pandora isn't crashing; so, I'm using that for now.

Thank you for the ideas to try upon my return.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the issue still exists. Pretty sure that an update to Maps killed how this phone handles music playback and voice navigation simultaneously. Interesting that no one else is reporting an issue ... it is probably time to do a factory reset.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Re: Google Music & Amazon Prime Music apps constantly crashing

In case anyone with this issue finds this thread later, the only solution (so far okay), seems to be changing the cellular network setting from Global (default) to LTE/CDMA.

9e3629e153761047bced09e75bf65053.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk