Moto X (2nd gen) XT1097 AT&T: Lollipop 5.1 Update

jonhoffman46

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2nd gen): Lollipop 5.1 AT&T

Also, just load 5.1 and it already seems much more responsive off the bat... Looking forward to future improvement discoveries haha

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Downloaded the update last night, been using my phone today to test. Everything seems good, no lag or glitches, finally being able to swipe notifications away without removing them from the notification tray is the best part.

I'm concerned about my battery life. My phone has been running for about 4.5 hours and has reached 65% battery. This is with very very low use (screen on time of about 25 minutes, 3%). Cell Stand by is the highest with 6%, which I never noticed as the highest in the past.

My Wifi has been on and connected, i've been receiving messages/tweets sporadically in the day so far. When looking at the expanded battery graph, the cellular network shows Yellow, and the 'Awake' seems kind of filled for not using my device much so far. (pic attached)

View attachment 184493

So is there something wrong here or is this normal? Idk, it seems to me for not using my phone that much today, dropping 35% in 4.5 hours seems like a lot.

Let it settle... clearing cache in the Settings > Storage AND also in Recovery is a good idea, but you need to let it settle... a couple days at least.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/eRzDS1LgXrx

This is a busy day for the Android 5.1 Lollipop upgrade news… so here we go…..

Moto X (2nd Gen)
- We are starting full deployment for USC in the US today
- We are starting full soak test for AT&T in the US today
- We are expanding the soak test for Verizon today and allowing open pull

Moto G (1st Gen) w/4G LTE
- We are starting full soak in Brazil Retail today

Moto E (2nd Gen) w/4G LTE
- We are starting full deployment for Cricket in the US today

UPDATE: Moto X (2nd Gen) on AT&T is open for pull for the 5.1 Lollipop upgrade

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Everything seems to be go so far for the pass few days, only issue is what other have complained about, battery definitely drains quicker, I did let it settle for a few days and also cleared cache partition, but other then that no issues here.

goeagles88

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have had the 5.1 update for about 2 weeks on my pure edition. Personally I don't see much difference except for battery drain being a bit worse. It died twice while I was in vacation in St. Maarten. Tried to stay on WiFi.

Life is short. Live a little!

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
No problems at all for me. I did a factory reset after updating from KitKat, but with this I just did the cache clear and everything's good, including battery life.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys recommend updating to 5.1 lollipop? Also, should i do a factory reset after update?

I have had a great experience with the update... I have a Pure Edition and an AT&T version. I did a factory reset on both of them when I got the 5.0 update and did not have any reason to do another. If you did one after the 5.0 update you should be ok... if you did not, then I'd recommend doing one after the 5.1 update.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have had a great experience with the update... I have a Pure Edition and an AT&T version. I did a factory reset on both of them when I got the 5.0 update and did not have any reason to do another. If you did one after the 5.0 update you should be ok... if you did not, then I'd recommend doing one after the 5.1 update.

I got pure edition. I will do a factory reset just in case. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante