5.1 Update has made my 2014 X feel new again

mattshow

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with the update. My favorite part about the update is the fact that Moto Voice is now audible over Bluetooth. Best Thing Ever.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the update to. I didn't have any issues with 5.0 tho.
Also I didn't do a FR after getting the update.
So far so good :)

PS:
I do usually wipe the cache in recovery tho after a system update.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Given the recent price drop on the Moto X 2014 I am looking to pick one up as my second phone to have on hand. Glad to hear 5.1 is treating most users very well.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have also been one of the fortunate group who has been generally pleased with the performance of my phone.

A question for those of you who have done the upgrade - did you perform a factory reset after doing so? I know this question has been the subject of numerous threads for just about every phone, but I am wondering if some of the improvement in performance described here is due to the upgrade or the fact that you did a factory reset after the upgrade?
Normally, I do a factory reset after a major upgrade. This one time, I did not and have not had any problems. It's a nice update.

I do hope anyone with issues will try a reset and reinstall apps from the Play Store, not backups.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with the update. My favorite part about the update is the fact that Moto Voice is now audible over Bluetooth. Best Thing Ever.

Posted via the Android Central App
Which Bluetooth devices?

You just reminded me of one issue I've had with this phone when connected to my truck's stereo via Bluetooth ... I have to crank up the stereo's volume in order to hear Moto Voice.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yep, mine now works over my car's Bluetooth, regardless of what source I'm listening to. Pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I've been experiencing some significant battery drain over the last 5 days or so. Other than that the update has been great.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yep, mine now works over my car's Bluetooth, regardless of what source I'm listening to. Pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I've been experiencing some significant battery drain over the last 5 days or so. Other than that the update has been great.

I guess I'll have to turn on the Moto app Assist Driving again. This was very annoying in the past not being able to hear my text messages over my vehicle's bluetooth when I was listening to either a radio station or something streaming from my phone (usually Audible app).

As far as your battery issue... did you clear cache by going into Settings > Storage > click on Cached data and then clear it... AND also using Recovery to clear Cache Partition, just follow post #1 in: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/465537-i-can-t-get-my-moto-x-into-recovery-so-i-can-wipe-cache.html

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as your battery issue... did you clear cache by going into Settings > Storage > click on Cached data and then clear it... AND also using Recovery to clear Cache Partition, just follow post #1 in: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/465537-i-can-t-get-my-moto-x-into-recovery-so-i-can-wipe-cache.html

Yes, that's the first thing I did after taking the update. I guess it couldn't hurt to do it again seeing as though my issues just started less than a week ago and the phone wasn't having any problems for a while post-update, but I seem to be hit by the Cell Standby battery drain that has been plaguing a lot of phones on 5.x. I think may be headed towards a factory reset. I almost always do them following an update but didn't this time since the phone was running so well. In fact, I think this is the first time in 4+ years I haven't done a reset immediately following an update.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's the first thing I did after taking the update. I guess it couldn't hurt to do it again seeing as though my issues just started less than a week ago and the phone wasn't having any problems for a while post-update, but I seem to be hit by the Cell Standby battery drain that has been plaguing a lot of phones on 5.x. I think may be headed towards a factory reset. I almost always do them following an update but didn't this time since the phone was running so well. In fact, I think this is the first time in 4+ years I haven't done a reset immediately following an update.

I did a factory reset after the 5.0 update... but mine has look great since then and I did not have to do that after this update, but if you are having issues I'd say that would have been my next recommendation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles