5.1 Update Wrecked Sleep/Priority Mode

Prof Pink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Since I updated my PE to 5.1, my phone never leaves priority mode when it's supposed to. It will enter downtime based on the scheduled "Sleep" time, but it won't switch back until I manually turn priority mode off.

I've wiped the cache partition a few times since the upgrade. I also tried changing the times for the "Sleep" setting. I'm not really sure what else to try.

Any suggestions?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, but the Moto app and Lollipop have the same functionality... Sleep!

I have both of mine turned on and set to the same time. Maybe if you supplied a couple screen shots of each to see what the settings are for both the Moto app > Settings > Assist > Sleep and also in Settings > Sound & notifications > Interruptions. My guess is you might have changed one of these, but it's hard to say without seeing what you have these set to right now.

Prof Pink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This fixed my issue. I don't know why the update would have affected this, but I had Downtime off and Sleep on. I turned Downtime on with the same time settings as the Moto app. Things worked fine this morning.

Prof Pink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This fixed my issue. I don't know why the update would have affected this, but I had Downtime off and Sleep on. I turned Downtime on with the same time settings as the Moto app. Things worked fine this morning.

This fix didn't last more than a few days. My phone then stopped coming out of downtime when it was supposed to, and it hasn't worked right sense.

I finally got around to doing a factory reset to see if that would help. It didn't.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
In the main phone Settings/Sound & Notification/Interruptions, what do you have set under the first item "When calls and notifications arrive"? I have mine set to "Always Interrupt".

Prof Pink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the problem is that 5.1 and the sleep tracker I use, Sleep as Android, don't play nicely together. If I let the sleep app take care of silencing the phone and just use Moto Assist to keep the screen off, this problem goes away.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was having problems, too, but I stopped using Android's stock downtime manager and started using Moto Assist exclusively. That worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch