I got Notification for Update but no Update in Settings, where could it be?

Noah Martin

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I got Notification for Update but no Update in Settings

I got the notification for the Android 5.1 update. I started downloading it but I cancelled it while it was downloading because I remembered that my phone was close to dead. Now when I got back home, I go to System Updates in settings and it says my phone is up to date but the OS is 5.0.1

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: I got Notification for Update but no Update in Settings

I got the notification for the Android 5.1 update. I started downloading it but I cancelled it while it was downloading because I remembered that my phone was close to dead. Now when I got back home, I go to System Updates in settings and it says my phone is up to date but the OS is 5.0.1

First, I would try Post #1: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/465537-i-can-t-get-my-moto-x-into-recovery-so-i-can-wipe-cache.html and wipe the cache using Recovery... then try to see if it can get the update.

Next, if that did not work... I'd backup what I could... then do a Factory Reset.

I would think maybe something got downloaded in the initial download causing the issue, and maybe the clear of the cache will remove that file and fix your issue, but if it doesn't then you might need to do a Factory Reset. Just guess work at this point.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got Notification for Update but no Update in Settings

If you dismiss the update like that, your phone goes back into the queue. It might take a few days for the updater to cycle back to you again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995