Lollipop upgrade. Won't stop with the chimes.

dperry32401

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a moto x that I've had for about a year. I'm on AT&T. Last weekend it upgraded to lollipop.

Now I'm having an issue where it won't stop chiming at every little thing. I've turned off all notifications. But when I do anything with it, it chimes with a dink dink sound. I wake it up, it dinks. I'm sitting here typing this message, and it dinks. The only app that I like to notifications for is my SMS app handsent. It has a different chime for when I get a message. So now I get 2 chimes when I get a message; the desired chime, and the new one.

I'm going crazy trying to find out where I can then this off. Is anybody else having this issue? How do I fix it?

I've cleared all my cache, I've rebooted, I've tried everything. Please help.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a moto x that I've had for about a year. I'm on AT&T. Last weekend it upgraded to lollipop.

Now I'm having an issue where it won't stop chiming at every little thing. I've turned off all notifications. But when I do anything with it, it chimes with a dink dink sound. I wake it up, it dinks. I'm sitting here typing this message, and it dinks. The only app that I like to notifications for is my SMS app handsent. It has a different chime for when I get a message. So now I get 2 chimes when I get a message; the desired chime, and the new one.

I'm going crazy trying to find out where I can then this off. Is anybody else having this issue? How do I fix it?

I've cleared all my cache, I've rebooted, I've tried everything. Please help.

My signature says I have a Pure Edition... I also have an AT&T version. I don't have that issue with either one.

All I could say with the limited information from your post is it might be an app you have installed. I know there are a couple apps that have some notification... including some games. You might want to check those.

dperry32401

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
My signature says I have a Pure Edition... I also have an AT&T version. I don't have that issue with either one.

All I could say with the limited information from your post is it might be an app you have installed. I know there are a couple apps that have some notification... including some games. You might want to check those.
Ok, but which app. Just waking up the phone will cause the chime.

You say limited information, but if more info is needed, let me know what is needed and I'll try to supply it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, but which app. Just waking up the phone will cause the chime.

You say limited information, but if more info is needed, let me know what is needed and I'll try to supply it.

We just talked about apps and I also said games... even if you do give a list, I'm not sure I will know what they all do... but maybe someone will recognize an app that does what you are talking about. I will take a look at what apps and games you loaded if you provide a list.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going to the sounds menu and under other sounds turn touch sounds off?

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You mentioned the same thing in the AT&T Moto X 2013 Lollipop thread.

Have you gone to Sound & notification > other sounds and turned off screen locking sounds and touch sounds?

a460f8e6ff68db063d9f9bdcfe10e899.jpg

f0d41a047970d57258d63b8d55513b76.jpg

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

dperry32401

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
You mentioned the same thing in the AT&T Moto X 2013 Lollipop thread.

Have you gone to Sound & notification > other sounds and turned off screen locking sounds and touch sounds?

Yes, I've realized that I have the older first version moto x, not the newer one. Sorry.

I reported back in that thread too. Those settings are already off. And the chimes continue. I've realized that the chime also happens when I plug in power.

At one point, I cleared cache on a bunch of apps, and that seemed to work. Then I rebooted, it did the whole "optimizing apps" thing for 10 minutes, then the chimes were back.

Why does it keep optimizing when I reboot?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've realized that I have the older first version moto x, not the newer one. Sorry.

I reported back in that thread too. Those settings are already off. And the chimes continue. I've realized that the chime also happens when I plug in power.

At one point, I cleared cache on a bunch of apps, and that seemed to work. Then I rebooted, it did the whole "optimizing apps" thing for 10 minutes, then the chimes were back.

Why does it keep optimizing when I reboot?
That's odd. Mine doesn't make those sounds.

The only time my apps optimized was when I updated to Lollipop 5.1 before the initial boot of the new OS version.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Factory reset time? I would reinstall the most important apps first from the app store & see what happens.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance