How do I answer a smart phone, specifically the Moto X 2nd generation?

A

AC Question

how to answer a smart phone, specifically the moto x 2nd generation?

I am old. I am dumb. My husband gave me a moto x 2nd generation smart phone and set it up for me but when it rings I cannot figure out how to actually answer it!!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I don't have a Moto, but on my phone, I have to swipe to the right on the phone icon to answer an incoming call. It’s probably about the same on most Android phones. If not, I'm sure someone will correct me. 😆

By the way, this does not make you "dumb" at all; it just means that this is something new to you. Besides, you were smart enough to come here to get an answer to your question. Feel free to join as a member (it's free), and you can respond to any replies to this thread and also ask any other questions you may have.

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I am old. I am dumb. My husband gave me a moto x 2nd generation smart phone and set it up for me but when it rings I cannot figure out how to actually answer it!!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!

Hi again! I found this on the internet. Hope it helps:

*Make and Receive a Phone Call (Lollipop)

This document is intended for Moto E (2nd Gen.) and Moto X (2nd Gen.) users
Answer & end a phone call

To answer a call:*When your phone is unlocked, answer a call by pressing*Answer. (Note:*When your phone is locked, you'll need to swipe right to answer a call.)

To ignore a call:*When your phone is unlocked, press*Dismiss. (Note:*When your phone is locked, you'll need to swipe left to send the call to voicemail. You can also press the Power key to ignore the call.)

To silence an incoming call alert:*Press the Volume buttons on the side of the phone.

If a call comes in while you are using your phone, a pop-up will appear at the top of the phone. This pop up includes two options -*Dismiss*or*Answer.

To end a call:*Touch the*phone*icon.Note:*When you hold the phone to your ear, the touchscreen will go dark to avoid accidental touches. When you move the phone away from your ear, the screen will light up again.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I second everything that lsmachado says (first reply).
Also, despite some experience, I once swiped the wrong way when answering a call, cutting off the caller. They called back....it was the phone store, telling me that my fancy new phone had arrived. I had to apologise for my lack of that fairly basic skill....answering a phone call. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After more than 40 years in this business, I still make stupid basic errors, like wiping a phone when I wanted to wipe the cache - that was not fun. (And I'm not talking about typos - the only language I speak on a computer these days is Typonese - arthritis makes typing fun.)