Moto X Hangouts Echo

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I travel a lot for work and my wife and I use Hangouts to video chat between us and my daughter. She and I both have moto X, and I have a nexus 9 and she has a iPad mini. We have begun to notice a echo whenever using a moto X with Hangouts. When we use Hangouts with both on moto X it is a long high pitch sound as if we tried hangouts in the same room. If I am on my nexus and she on her moto X, I will hear myself coming through the nexus... Same if I'm on my Moto and she on her iPad. Everything's great if we are using the nexus and iPad or our laptops with Hangouts... So it must be a moto setting. Anyone else having this issue or a fix? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I use hangouts to talk to my girlfriend every day. I haven't had the echo issue. She's using a Sony phone and I'm using my Moto X 2014. The general call quality is rarely great, but I think that's because of her signal rather than the hangouts app

Posted via the Android Central App

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My mom and tried using Hangouts to talk. She has a Moto X 2013 and I have the 2014 model. I did sometimes notice an echo, and there was always a delay, which meant awkward, multi-second pauses between when I would speak and when she would respond.

It works great from my Macbook Pro and my iMac, and she has no problems using her Nexus 7 (2013). But both our Moto phones seem useless for Hangouts.