Caller ID on Incoming Calls??

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
A friend has a Moto X and says that when an incoming call comes in that is not in his Address Book, no caller ID information is provided. The only thing that pops up is an Accept or Decline button.

Is this common? Or is there a way to turn on a feature that will give him the phone number of the incoming call?

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
If I remember correctly, only Nexus and Google Play Edition phones have that feature. I think it's part of the Google dialer, which is very similar to what Moto uses but not the same. I could be wrong, but this AC forum post from last year seems to confirm.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...kitkat-smart-caller-id-missing-galaxy-s4.html

Also, that feature would not show you caller ID for all incoming calls, only for numbers that Google has in their database. I think businesses and such would show up automatically, but personal numbers only show caller id when that person has opted in (or if they are in your contacts, of course).

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Also, that feature would not show you caller ID for all incoming calls, only for numbers that Google has in their database. I think businesses and such would show up automatically, but personal numbers only show caller id when that person has opted in (or if they are in your contacts, of course).
Ah, that makes sense. I thought originally that it was a carrier feature but I guess not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke