Clock shows wrong alarm time

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Within the last few days the stock clock app started showing the wrong alarm time under the current time. The alarm time shown is sometimes fixed at the time the clock was first displayed, and sometimes it repeatedly advances, staying one minute ahead of the current time. Luckily, the alarm actually sounds at the correct time.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Might need to clear the data for the app. Similar issue with my current Pure Edition 2015. Cleared the data and never happened again.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Walnut covered MXPE

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I tried that at some point, and it didn't help. But I just tried again, followed by a reboot, and I still have the same problem. It initially showed no alarm time after rebooting (since no alarms were set), but after setting a single alarm the time down on the lock screen was again one minute after the current time.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My apologies for reviving a dead thread, but I found the cause of my problem and thought it might help someone. While moving to another device, and gradually removing apps from the old device (because I'm anal about moving things and knowing it's done), I found that I eventually reproduced the problem on my new device, and cleared it up on the old one. The source of the problem was Tasker's "Use Reliable Alarms" setting. If set to to Always, it confuses the Google Clock app into displaying the wrong alarm time.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My apologies for reviving a dead thread, but I found the cause of my problem and thought it might help someone. While moving to another device, and gradually removing apps from the old device (because I'm anal about moving things and knowing it's done), I found that I eventually reproduced the problem on my new device, and cleared it up on the old one. The source of the problem was Tasker's "Use Reliable Alarms" setting. If set to to Always, it confuses the Google Clock app into displaying the wrong alarm time.
Good catch! Thanks for the follow up, it will be helpful for other people with the same problem.