Bluetooth intermittantly drops on Moto X (2014) running 5.1

Irwright

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been having a long running problem that is just driving me up the wall.

I use a Pebble Time Steel Smartwatch and a Fitbit connected to my Moto X. Periodically, multiple times through the day, the watch will suddenly report that it is no longer connected to the phone, but the phone actually thinks that it's still connected to the watch. In order to get things working again I need to restart bluetooth every. single. time.

Additionally, I'm noticing that my fitbit app can't find my fitbit (I need to wear both because of a couple of programs that I'm in that don't use google fit). Same solution.

I worked with Pebble Support and, based on the logs, they felt that the phone was the problem. I actually ended up getting my phone replaced by warranty. Problem remained. So I got Pebble to do a warranty replacement on my watch. I just got it yesterday and within a couple of hours the connection dropped.

So, I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I strongly suspect that it's an issue with the 5.1 code, and I've seen people say that it can be fixed by clearing the cache through the start up menu, but that hasn't worked either (I tried that long ago).

So, has anyone figured out a fix for this or has anyone figured out how to upgrade a Verizon Moto X (2014) to pure edition so I can see if Marshmallow would fix the issue?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you always have the Pebble and the Fitbit connected at the same time? If so, try disconnecting or forgetting the Fitbit or the Pebble for a day or two. Perhaps the two Bluetooth devices are interfering with each other.

TC Edwards

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd call this a known issue. Lots of us have had varying issues with the bluetooth on this phone. I solved my issue by removing the gas buddy app and any app that used bluetooth that I didn't absolutely need. Do a search, others has different solutions.

Posted via the Android Central App

Irwright

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually, just by coincidence, my fitbit burned out a few weeks ago and I spent a bit over a week with it not connected while I waited to get a replacement. The Pebble continued to drop. :( I don't have anything other than those two applications that use bluetooth (and I uninstalled fitbit while I didn't have one to use)

Irwright

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After looking around a bit more I decided to remove Android Wear (Pebble uses it for certain things like interacting with Hangouts). I can't draw any conclusions yet because sometimes it takes several hours for the connection to drop, but the fitbit synced suspiciously fast

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX