I got a new car 3 months ago which does have bluetooth. I've been using bluetooth to listen to music on my phone. Just today as I was getting out of the car at work (had driven 20 min using bluetooth, now car was off), something called Android Auto popped up a message that said it was enabled and then my wallpaper changed to a turquoise background that says "Launch Android Auto - Look for the Android Auto button on your car's display to start." (no such button has ever appeared on my car's display - I don't think my car is even fancy enough to support this) Additionally, I have not been able to change my wallpaper from this, though the picture that I changed it to does show up in the lock screen, but not once I unlock my phone. More importantly, I have done a thorough search for this "Android Auto" app on my phone and it is nowhere to be found. I have not previously used it and did not actively download it (I'm assuming it was pre-installed when I bought the phone two years ago?).

I am stuck with some kind of ghost app running in the background that I can't actually access to uninstall and which has taken over my phone's wallpaper. Any help figuring this out would be much appreciated!
    05-02-2016 02:37 PM