There is a sale here in the Philippines offering the 16GB Moto X 2014 for roughly $171.

I am highly considering it, as I have the Moto G 2014 and am very happy with the build quality, but have found the performance quite disappointing.

My priorities in a smartphone are:
    - Managing multiple messaging platforms (WhatsApp, Viber, SMS, Facebook Messenger, Skype)
    - Ability to switch between apps quickly (especially between messengers and calls)
    - Battery life
    - Support for future OS updates

I know the Moto X has been reviewed well, but at this price and size, is it still going to be worth the buy as a daily driver?

Thanks!
    Miguel
    05-31-2016 06:11 AM
    What is your budget? Just my opinion, but I would get the newest phone I could for the money I have available. The 2014 Moto X is two years old at this point, which is a lot when talking about mobile devices. Battery life won't be stellar you won't get future OS updates on a device that old. I personally would not buy this phone.
    Miguel Arcilla likes this.
    05-31-2016 03:03 PM
    There is a sale here in the Philippines offering the 16GB Moto X 2014 for roughly $171.

I am highly considering it, as I have the Moto G 2014 and am very happy with the build quality, but have found the performance quite disappointing.

My priorities in a smartphone are:
    - Managing multiple messaging platforms (WhatsApp, Viber, SMS, Facebook Messenger, Skype)
    - Ability to switch between apps quickly (especially between messengers and calls)
    - Battery life
    - Support for future OS updates

I know the Moto X has been reviewed well, but at this price and size, is it still going to be worth the buy as a daily driver?

Thanks!
    Miguel
    If I were you I wouldn't get it. If you're trying to get a decent phone and save some money I would check out the moto x pure edition (style)

Posted via the Android Central App
    Miguel Arcilla likes this.
    05-31-2016 03:06 PM
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback I'll keep my eyes open for a better, more updated deal
    06-01-2016 07:07 AM
    I'll give it a look, thank you!
    06-01-2016 07:07 AM
    My Moto X has been good for the few months I've had it but its starting to go downhill. Battery life isn't very good anymore and the 2 GB of RAM just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm ready to move on to a new device (hopefully a HTC 10).

Posted via the Moto X Pure (2nd Gen.) running CM13 w/ Nova Prime & Xposed
    06-01-2016 02:20 PM
    Personally I would recommend looking into a newer Nexus device. You are essentially guaranteed to get updates.

That being said, my Moto X 2014 has been pretty good to me but as already mentioned, it is almost two years old now.
    06-04-2016 03:07 PM
    Got this phone early 2016 and it performs well. Snappy and no lags. I have no issues with it as I received android 6.0 and the battery lasts all day for my moderate usage. I get approx 3.5hrs screen on time. If you are on a budget then this is a very good phone.
    06-06-2016 02:34 AM
    I just got mine for around 150 USD. Phone built is so sleek it took me days to finally decide to clothe it. So far, I use FB Messenger as my second mode of convo, sms being the most stable. So far, transistions between apps have been flawless. I don't play heavy games so I cannot comment if it can handle Asphalt back to back other apps. Video playing is good and audio is loud enough. But yeah, battery can be drastically improved though. I just checked battery, I am using it 2.5 hours already and is at 44% at 0% brightness and with wifi turned on.

I am from Ph too and we arent getting MXPE or even the G4(+).
    06-06-2016 11:56 PM
    I've had mine about a year and a half but just upgraded to an HTC 10. The Moto was starting to slow down a bit, and as others have said, the battery life has gone way downhill. Also, while the curved back makes the phone nice to hold, it's impossible to use on a flat surface because it wobbles and spins.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-09-2016 01:47 PM