So, recently I made the grave mistake of holding my phone out in the rain, so I could watch YouTube. Well, I think that might have completely screwed the phone over, as I cannot use the touchscreen. I have a Moto X 2nd Gen, and I haven't used the Google backup feature for my photos. I have tried everything I could find on the internet over the past week to try and recover the data, but nothing has worked. Since I have a password lock on the phone, I can't access the files through my USB cable.

I've come to one last option for recovering my data. I read that it's possible to recover lost data from a factory reset phone that has been rooted. Now, if this is possible, does my phone have to already have been rooted before resetting it, or will it be fine if I root it after resetting it? Any help is appreciated, and thanks for your time reading this. Also, if you know of any other ways to recover the data, please let me know. I'll list all the things I've tried below. Thanks!

Attempts:
    Inputing password through computer using ADB
    OTG Cable w/Mouse & Keyboard
    Using a different USB cable
    (Will list more when they come to mind)

I'm 99% sure I have USB debugging enabled, as I am pretty sure I've used it before. Not entirely certain though.
    06-09-2016 10:54 AM
    I didn't realize I couldn't edit this without making an account... whoops XD
    06-09-2016 11:28 AM