Random notification sounds

169646gjkdg

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have enjoyed the use of my Moto X all the way up until about 3-4 monthes ago when it started making random bell like notification sounds (probably around 15-30 times per minute) anytime I have the sound on, and when I turn the sound off it will buzz at random intervals. Sometimes it will just be one notification sound at a time, while other times it is a cluster of them, and sometimes, when it really wants to get on my nerves, it will be a long drawn out sound almost like a super cluster where they are sounding off so close together that they just sound like one long stretched out one. I have just about had it with this! When I turn my sound off, I end up missing calls and it has begun to affect my life. Please, someone tell me how I can stop the madness!!!!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's an unfortunate problem. Have you factory reset? There seems to be an underlying issue. And it's going to be hard to guess what that issue may be, so a factory reset would be a "catch all" solution that should fix it. When you get booted and go through the setup process don't restore from backup when prompted. Restore manually and see if that helps.

Be sure to sync/backup data before the factory reset.