I have had issues with the Wi-Fi on my Moto X 2014. After tons of troubleshooting, I begrudgingly determined it is a hardware issue.

Since I have replaced the screen once before, I am not unfamiliar with disassembly/reassembly. But I don't have a lot of experience. However, I need some direction specifically for the Wi-Fi. I haven't been able to determine where the radio is located or what to look for in terms of if it is damaged, disconnected, reparable, replaceable.

Can anyone direct me to a site that has some specific info on replacing/repairing the Wi-Fi radio?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-11-2016 08:51 PM
    I have had issues with the Wi-Fi on my Moto X 2014. After tons of troubleshooting, I begrudgingly determined it is a hardware issue.

Since I have replaced the screen once before, I am not unfamiliar with disassembly/reassembly. But I don't have a lot of experience. However, I need some direction specifically for the Wi-Fi. I haven't been able to determine where the radio is located or what to look for in terms of if it is damaged, disconnected, reparable, replaceable.

Can anyone direct me to a site that has some specific info on replacing/repairing the Wi-Fi radio?

Have you cleared the device cache? Factory reset? Reset the WiFi router? I would suggest those things before tearing the device back apart.
    08-11-2016 11:01 PM
    The problem isn't that my phone "won't connect to wifi." The problem is that "Wi-Fi will not switch on." I click the toggle and it moves to the right for two seconds then immediately moves back to the left off position. It is definitely an issue with the phone not router issues.

That being said, I cleared the cache. That didn't do anything. I tried a FDR; put me in a worse situation. When I got the phone back up, I had to log in using cellular data. Wi-Fi would still not turn on. And now I can't download/update any of my apps under Wi-Fi.

This happened a few months ago and currently, I am a proud owner of a Nexus 6P. So, I am not time-pressed to get it done. But I would like to restore my Moto X to its previous glory so I have a good backup phone.

08-12-2016 08:50 AM