Hi,
    This was the flagship phone when it came out. I bought it at the time knowing Google were the owners and the quickly after the purchase, Google unloaded Motorola. Since then OS updates are lagging and my last security update was 2015. I am done! Rest of my family has iPhones, immediate releases are available, security is current and the battery lasts twice as long. The Pixel looks appealing but definitely leaning toward the dark side. My two cents.

Regards

Bob
    09-14-2016 07:38 PM
    If security and other updates are a priority iPhone and Nexus and Pixel are the only options out there. I also had the X 2014 and I thought it was a pretty good phone at the time but I'm right there with ya - feeling abandoned doesn't sit well with me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2016 07:48 PM
    I am almost done with it as well. It is still much better than my previous Android phones though. When I am in the market for a new phone, planning on going with a Nexus or Pixel.
    09-17-2016 06:11 PM
    Hi,
    This was the flagship phone when it came out. I bought it at the time knowing Google were the owners and the quickly after the purchase, Google unloaded Motorola. Since then OS updates are lagging and my last security update was 2015. I am done! Rest of my family has iPhones, immediate releases are available, security is current and the battery lasts twice as long. The Pixel looks appealing but definitely leaning toward the dark side. My two cents.

Regards

Bob
    If it's not from Google, OS updates aren't guaranteed. And even if an OEM did make a guarantee, history tells us to not believe it.

If Android OS updates are important to you, you buy Google Nexus/Pixel.

If security updates are important to you, also consider BlackBerry.

Android is open. iOS isn't. They're never going to be the same.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-17-2016 06:20 PM
    the updates spoiled it for me, phones started dying at 30%, can't get a day out of it, but it is two years old, despite being never having had an update after 6.0 (Nexus 4 had more) it's been a good phone and that's why I didn't upgrade last year.
    I want Pixel but am really really tempted with a 4 gig 64 G Plus, fantastic value, not really sure I want another flagship, I only use it for calls , emails and texts!
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:06 AM
    phones started dying at 30%
    Yeah, this is getting ridiculous now. On Monday afternoon I looked at my phone and it said I had 46% left. Literally a minute later my phone died! I'm getting a Moto Z Play this weekend to replace it, it's unusable now because of this battery bug.
    11-23-2016 07:12 PM