What would you like to see in the next Moto X?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Security patches the same day that BlackBerry sends them out.

There is no bar set lower than using BlackBerry as an example. Either make them available for manual install or get them out to anyone that wants them the moment they become available. It's bad enough waiting until the beginning of the month for absolutely critical patches for things like Widevine or the TEE module, but waiting months and months is simply out of the question, and the reason I no longer use or recommend any Motorola devices.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Sad to see the bromance with moto has all dried up. How you go from being the best friend to the community to a nightmare is beyond me.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Security patches the same day that BlackBerry sends them out.

There is no bar set lower than using BlackBerry as an example. Either make them available for manual install or get them out to anyone that wants them the moment they become available. It's bad enough waiting until the beginning of the month for absolutely critical patches for things like Widevine or the TEE module, but waiting months and months is simply out of the question, and the reason I no longer use or recommend any Motorola devices.

Safe to assume you no longer use or recommend any phones other than the nexus line or Blackberry?

I agree with the sentiment, although I enjoy moto phones it's really impossible to see myself going back to anything that will be all but abandoned the day it's released. The 5x and 6p are too good of phones to put up with the typical manufacturer broken (or non-existent) promises.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see better support. My device died, and I sent it for warranty service. Moto sent me back a refurbished brick. They did a FDR without removing the original owner's Google account, so I'm still waiting for a usable device.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I would like to see better support. My device died, and I sent it for warranty service. Moto sent me back a refurbished brick. They did a FDR without removing the original owner's Google account, so I'm still waiting for a usable device.

That's worse than any G4 story I've heard. Sorry.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Safe to assume you no longer use or recommend any phones other than the nexus line or Blackberry?

I agree with the sentiment, although I enjoy moto phones it's really impossible to see myself going back to anything that will be all but abandoned the day it's released. The 5x and 6p are too good of phones to put up with the typical manufacturer broken (or non-existent) promises.

Those are the two phones I'm using, yes.

I'm willing (but not very happy) to give the people making the phones 30 days on top of the 30+ days of advance notice they already were given to get things out. After that though, I would suggest people think very hard the next time they spend their money.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
- 5.2-in Amoled screen
- Bigger battery
- USB-C
- Double tap screen to wake
- Improved Native Dialer, Contact and Calendar Apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463