06-15-2015 08:30 AM
83 1234
tools
    I'd like to see a Snapdragon 810, 6 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 GB storage options, 5.5" display, 2080p , a 6000+ mAh battery, and an improved camera. Fingerprint scanner all a reduced price of 300 bux so i be able to afford it
    6gb of ram? Good luck finding a phone with that much ram this year. You'll likely have to wait another 2 years for that.
    02-10-2015 11:04 PM
    Definitely needs increased battery life but I wouldn't mind if they kept the same size as long as Moto implements a removable battery. Would much rather carry a spare battery sometimes than a bigger phone all the time. I dunno, maybe make the back removable so you can order different ones from Moto maker to match different outfits.

I know this would probably not happen and I'm most likely in the minority but I would prefer a flat back for the 3rd gen. Tough finding a car dock that has enough meat on the grips to hold the phone securely enough. Not to mention the way it dances on a flat surface.
    02-11-2015 02:56 AM
    Paper-thin phones are so because you sacrifice battery life. With battery technology as it is today, you're no longer holding a brick in your hand. Today's batteries are less bulky because they're stretched longer and embedded as part of the hardware. This allows for not much sacrifice in capacity, as opposed to the standard swappable thick, square battery. Personally, I don't mind a little bulk as long as I know the battery will last me AT LEAST a day plus.

My dream Moto X would have a 4,000 mAh battery with great standby time, 32-64 GB of storage, dual front-facing speakers and a 5.5" 1080P screen, with Moto's near-stock take on Android. The Moto suite of apps is perfect, IMO; all necessary features, without the gimmicks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-11-2015 07:34 AM
    I would hope there will be a Moto X 3rd Gen considering good sales in China so far. Definitely Snap Dragon 808/810; 3 or 4 gb of ram; 5.2-5.5 QHD; better camera; at least 3000 mah battery; wireless charging; stereo speakers; 32gb storage standard up to 128 gb; possibly SD card (it's a long shot); at similar price points for current moto x 2nd gen. Thanks.
    02-16-2015 08:50 AM
    what do you the next moto x to have or be ?

specs/design/features/improvements
    Here's what I want:

- Brighter display of the same resolution.
    - Slightly higher PPI.
    - 3,200 mAh battery.
    - 16 MP Rear Camera.
    - 5 MP Front Camera.
    - Front speaker and microphone facing inward, not outward.
    - Even less bezels.
    - Slightly taller display, but smaller in overall size. Perhaps a 5.1" display that is more vertical.
    - Fingerprint Sensor where dimple is.
    - Expandable storage.
    - Dual Speakers.
    - 64-bit, octa-core Exynos 7420 processor.
    - Glass back cover option in Moto Maker.
    - Carbon Fiber and Kevlar option in Moto Maker.
    - Aluminum band coloring options, such as gold, black and silver in Moto Maker.
    - Not a rugged lock and unlock button.
    - Audio jack on bottom of device.
    - Thinner and less top heavy.
    - New design to Moto Active Display.
    - More functionality to Moto Active Display.
    - New car features.
    - New updates and features to Actions.
    - More gestures on the display.
    03-09-2015 10:36 PM
    what do you the next moto x to have or be ?

specs/design/features/improvements
    Here's what I want:

- Slightly higher PPI.
    - 3,200 mAh battery.
    - 16 MP Rear Camera.
    - 5 MP Front Camera.
    - Even less bezels.
    - Slightly taller display, but smaller in overall size. Perhaps a 5.1" display that is more vertical.
    - Expandable storage.
    - Dual Speakers.
    - New car features.
    03-09-2015 10:37 PM
    Here's what I want:

- Slightly higher PPI.
    - 3,200 mAh battery.
    - 16 MP Rear Camera.
    - 5 MP Front Camera.
    - Even less bezels.
    - Expandable storage.
    - Dual Speakers.
    - New car features.
    03-09-2015 10:37 PM
    Flat glass so that tempered glass protectors fit.
    03-09-2015 10:56 PM
    I want a Moto X Compact/mini with 4.7 inch 720p screen,a good camera, great battery life, waterproof and dust proof ip57 certified. Basically i want Motorola version of the Xperia Z3 Compact.
    03-10-2015 12:13 PM
    I'm finding 5.2" is a good size for me, so I would like it if the screen stayed the same size. I would love to see a switch to LCD since Samsung hoards all of the high-quality SAMOLED screens for themselves. Stereo speakers would be great. I would also like to see VoLTE and WiFi Calling support if Google does bake that into Android. Expandable storage would be a nice bonus but I don't know that I need it.
    03-10-2015 12:31 PM
    My dream next gen Moto X:

4.9" 1080 Edge to Edge SAMOLED display
    Snapdragon 810 (because the 820 won't be ready until 2016)
    Additional "contextual" cores similar to previous Moto Xs
    4GB RAM
    32GB storage
    10MP or higher camera at f/2.0 or lower with OIS
    3MP or higher wide-angle front-facing camera at f/1.9
    Dual front-facing speakers
    2500 or higher mAh battery
    Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
    Qi Wireless Charging
    Fingerprint reader (from the Galaxy S6)

All in the same design language as the first and second generation Moto Xs.
    03-10-2015 12:48 PM
    When should we start hearing rumors about this? Or even other high end Motorola phones?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-11-2015 08:26 PM
    When should we start hearing rumors about this? Or even other high end Motorola phones?

G and X have been Fall releases.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    03-11-2015 10:08 PM

Early devices are already roaming around. So...soon, probably.
    Ry likes this.
    03-17-2015 04:10 PM
    Bigger battery, better camera.
    So you want the Moto Maxx?

03-18-2015 04:29 AM
    So you want the Moto Maxx?

Ha! That would be fine if you could scrub all the Verizon and ugly off the phone.
    03-18-2015 11:36 AM
    I would like a see Touch ID where the dimple is on the back
    03-18-2015 04:21 PM
    Moto Maxx is not on VZW it is the GSM variant of the Droid Turbo. I brought mine off eBay and could not be happier.
    03-19-2015 05:26 AM
    Hey guys,

Somewhat recently I've heard murmurings and general rumors that it is plausible that Motorola may be working on a 2015 Moto X. I'm not one to get too excited over speculation and I am a patient guy, but is any of that accurate? I've looked for news articles and legitimate information and I haven't found anything personally, other than news that Motorola is working on something. If Motorola is working on a 2015 Moto X when is anticipated to be released? What internal and external specs would it likely have?

Thanks,

Steeltooth493
    03-23-2015 01:11 AM
    Probably September or October like the Moto X2013 and Moto X2014.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2015 06:48 AM
    Hey guys,

Somewhat recently I've heard murmurings and general rumors that it is plausible that Motorola may be working on a 2015 Moto X. I'm not one to get too excited over speculation and I am a patient guy, but is any of that accurate? I've looked for news articles and legitimate information and I haven't found anything personally, other than news that Motorola is working on something. If Motorola is working on a 2015 Moto X when is anticipated to be released? What internal and external specs would it likely have?

Thanks,

Steeltooth493
    Definitely a new one in the works. I've stopped playing the Game of Specs. Every year you add more cores and a gigabyte of RAM. I bought my dad a Moto G for Christmas to replace his Lumia, and that thing flies. You would never think that a phone with one gig of RAM and a Snapdragon 400 would run so smoothly, even while playing games.

We've reached the point where everything is just incremental. I personally cannot tell the difference between a 1080p and QHD display as well.

I think my Moto X 2014 will do until something truly game changing comes out. The camera is just fine for me, and I'm never far from an outlet so the battery is not a concern.

03-23-2015 08:14 AM
    I'm still on the Gen 1 and trying to see if I can make it to the three year point. If this phone wants to tempt me away from that plan, it will need to be at a minimum no larger than Gen 2. If possible, smaller..
    03-23-2015 12:26 PM
    Expect something to the tune of a snapdragon 810 for the Chipset, 3gb of ram, and 1080p screen around 5.2"

There has been nothing yet to suggest anything much new or different. I will be interested to see what they do with customization and if they attempt to do something like a finger print scanner again.

Just know that any "rumors" you see before July are just 99.9% click bait, speculation garbage or click bait recirculated garbage.

Sent from my XT1096
    03-23-2015 01:05 PM
    KEEP THE Moto X3 THE SAME SIZE as Moto X2. Shape it a little more like the Nexus 5 to spread the mass. The used soap bar shape looks cool, but makes it VERY hard to hold on to because of the centered mass. This is why my Note 2 is much easier to use in one hand operation then my Moto X2. The spread out mass make is stay in your hand easier when maneuvering the phone. MUST HAVE BETTER BATTERY LIFE - Why not Li-Po ?
    03-24-2015 03:02 PM
    All I know is I want one. If they improve the camera (not expecting a huge improvement - it's Motorola after all and cameras are definitely not their strong suit - but something noticeable), I'll be hitting up MotoMaker the first day it's available. I don't want Moto to make it any bigger, but heck fire I adapted to the current model without a hiccup, so I doubt a bigger screen size would stop me from wanting one.
    03-24-2015 03:20 PM
83 1234