07-28-2015 10:56 AM
202 12345 ...
tools
    At leaelst it isn't wrapped in Saran wrap this time.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    There's a picture?

via Asus Zenfone 2. Android Central Moderator.
    06-04-2015 09:40 PM
    The 5.7" is supposedly a Verizon exclusive. The Moto X is probably 5.2"
    S6, G4 on hold. Argh. The tech world moves so fast
    06-04-2015 10:16 PM
    The 5.7" is supposedly a Verizon exclusive. The Moto X is probably 5.2"
    S6, G4 on hold. Argh. The tech world moves so fast
    It's not.
    dusoccer10 and Ry like this.
    06-05-2015 07:42 AM
    It's not.
    What is not? 5.7 not a verizon exclusive or the new X not being 5.2"? or both?
    I have no inside info. I just read about that on phonearena
    UPDATE: We have some new information to share related to this leak Apparently, there will be two versions of the third-generation Moto X. One variant with a 5.7-inch QHD screen will be a Verizon exclusive. The other model will feature a 5.2-inch QHD panel.
    06-05-2015 08:27 AM
    There's a picture?

via Asus Zenfone 2. Android Central Moderator.
    Moto X (2015) specs and photo revealed in huge new leak
    Aquila likes this.
    06-05-2015 07:08 PM
    What is not? 5.7 not a verizon exclusive or the new X not being 5.2"? or both?
    I have no inside info. I just read about that on phonearena
    I think Phone arena are the only ones running with that rumor. I believe what happasaiyan is saying.
    06-06-2015 09:37 AM
    Happasaiyan, will either of them have fingerprint scanners?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-07-2015 12:51 AM
    It's interesting that there are two Nexus phones rumored with the same exact screensizes as the new Moto X variants
    06-07-2015 05:10 AM
    It's interesting that there are two Nexus phones rumored with the same exact screensizes as the new Moto X variants
    It more seems coincidence to me; 5.2 and 5.7 seem like pretty standard screen sizes for regular and phablet phones.

06-07-2015 11:41 AM
    Happasaiyan, will either of them have fingerprint scanners?

Unfortunately, I have not seen/heard anything about one. I would LOVE to have one, though, especially with the new features of Android M.

Purely coincidence. Moto had the next Nexus in the bag, but decided not to.
    06-08-2015 08:34 AM
    Unfortunately, I have not seen/heard anything about one. I would LOVE to have one, though, especially with the new features of Android M.

Purely coincidence. Moto had the next Nexus in the bag, but decided not to.
    Hmm, dang, I'm sad to hear that. I had hoped that Moto would have been able to get a good finger print scanner since they were trying last year. I do appreciate all the info you are passing on though!

Interesting that they turned it down, I bet the nexus 6 wasn't worth it for them.

06-08-2015 09:09 PM
    Hmm, dang, I'm sad to hear that. I had hoped that Moto would have been able to get a good finger print scanner since they were trying last year. I do appreciate all the info you are passing on though!

Interesting that they turned it down, I bet the nexus 6 wasn't worth it for them.

Moto CEO Rick Osterloh said in March the next Moto X won't have a fingerprint scanner cause they're "unreliable."

http://www.talkandroid.com/240096-mo...next-moto-360/

06-08-2015 09:19 PM
    Moto CEO Rick Osterloh said in March the next Moto X won't have a fingerprint scanner cause they're "unreliable."

http://www.talkandroid.com/240096-mo...next-moto-360/

If I remember that correctly, Osterloh's comments were about why the Nexus 6 and/or second gen Moto X don't have fingerprint scanners. It was rumored that the dimple was supposed to be a scanner this time around.

06-08-2015 10:17 PM
    If I remember that correctly, Osterloh's comments were about why the Nexus 6 and/or second gen Moto X don't have fingerprint scanners. It was rumored that the dimple was supposed to be a scanner this time around.

from article: technology is still too inconsistent for their devices.

I've read it other places also, where he said they're inconsistent and "it’s just as fast to tap your finger to unlock a device as it is to swipe for a fingerprint."

obviously a lot can change from then til the moto x release, but judging from those comments, I think it's fair to say it's unlikely.

I hope me and the article are wrong, though fingerprint scanner is far down my list and not a deal breaker ... I'd rather see a bigger battery, better camera and USB-C.

06-09-2015 06:58 AM
    from article: technology is still too inconsistent for their devices.

I've read it other places also, where he said they're inconsistent and "it’s just as fast to tap your finger to unlock a device as it is to swipe for a fingerprint."

obviously a lot can change from then til the moto x release, but judging from those comments, I think it's fair to say it's unlikely.

I hope me and the article are wrong, though fingerprint scanner is far down my list and not a deal breaker ... I'd rather see a bigger battery, better camera and USB-C.

Nevermind. It was former CEO Woodside that said the Nexus 6 doesn't have a fingerprint scanner because they couldn't source the best one. http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...ition-supplier

It still means they would probably do one if they were able to get a good one.

06-09-2015 08:24 AM
    http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/06/09/mo...rprint-scanner

Aquila likes this.
    06-09-2015 08:39 AM
    http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/06/09/mo...rprint-scanner

I hope it's true. And I hope they put in a better camera and better battery. If that do that and it's not too big of a phone then I'd go for it.

06-09-2015 08:48 AM
    So, I have never taken one of my phones apart, but based on the picture could that be the dual flash led placeholder? Does it need that much space?

Based on the new leaked designs, it shouldn't be the dimple, not low enough, and I know that the CEO guy said they wouldn't have one, but if the metal strip was added to be part of the Qualcomm Sense ID implementation, that would be really cool and with the other specs, don't know if could turn down the 5.2 inch version

Also intrigued by the blocking out of data next to the fingerprint label
    http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_mot...news-12527.php
    06-09-2015 11:04 AM
    That phone in the photo is HUGE.
    06-09-2015 11:53 AM
    That phone in the photo is HUGE.
    I thought the same thing. Maybe the rumored 5.7" display is true, hopefully not.

Looks like the latest rumor, despite their CEO saying otherwise just a few months ago, is that it'll have the fingerprint sensor.

I'm guessing after they learned more about M (obviously well ahead of I/O) they realized that having a fingerprint sensor was a necessity.

My concern is if the rumor is true, and they proceed with the QHD and improved camera, how are they gonna keep the price around $450-$500?

Maybe they'll have a 5.2" version with lesser specs/features and the one we're looking at is the 5.7" which will be priced higher.

I hope I'm wrong. I want a high end, future proofed 5.2" phone and I'll gladly pay a premium. I'd certainly like the fingerprint sensor, but it's certainly not a necessity. Just give me a better camera, bigger battery, with a 5.2" 1080p display and USB-C and I'll be ecstatic.

06-10-2015 01:52 AM
    I'm looking toward the 2015 Moto X for my next big thing.

I do want a fingerprint sensor equivalent to the S6.

I'd like at least a modicum of security with fingerprint convenience.
    06-10-2015 11:54 AM
    latest link shows NO fingerprint scanner ...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/More-...resent_id70294

Ry likes this.
    06-10-2015 01:31 PM
    Actually, how can something show that something isn't there? Especially given how much isn't actually there to begin with?
    06-10-2015 03:10 PM
    we had a thread a few months ago asking for our perfect phone ... here's what I posted (check marks indicate rumored moto x specs):

√ 3000+ mAh battery
    √ 5.2-5.5" display
    √ camera on par or slightly below G4/S6/iPhone 6+
    √ front speakers
    √ USB-C
    √ kevlar
    √ Moto X UX
    √ wireless charging

if one or two of the rumored specs prove false, I'd still be extremely happy. my top 3 that I hope make it are:

1) same/similar near stock Android
    2) bigger battery
    3) camera close to on par w S6/G4

if we get that with the front speakers and kevlar I'll be ecstatic.

06-15-2015 08:49 PM
    we had a thread a few months ago asking for our perfect phone ... here's what I posted (check marks indicate rumored moto x specs):

√ 3000+ mAh battery
    √ 5.2-5.5" display
    √ camera on par or slightly below G4/S6/iPhone 6+
    √ front speakers
    √ USB-C
    √ kevlar
    √ Moto X UX
    √ wireless charging

if one or two of the rumored specs prove false, I'd still be extremely happy. my top 3 that I hope make it are:

1) same/similar near stock Android
    2) bigger battery
    3) camera close to on par w S6/G4

if we get that with the front speakers and kevlar I'll be ecstatic.

I still think it would be really cool to have a fingerprint scanner, but it looks more and more like that isn't going to happen

06-15-2015 09:40 PM
202 12345 ...