07-28-2015 10:56 AM
202 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'm not trying to discredit your predictions, simply wondering what your connection to Moto is that so many others take your word as gospel?

I've agreed with most of what you've suggested will be on the new Moto X, but only from "feel" after reading all the articles/rumors. Would love for it to have the SD option.

Just curious, thx!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Happasayion was pretty much right on the money with the 3 Motorola launches last fall (Moto X, Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6). He has a friend or two that work for Motorola and like to show him prototypes.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-27-2015 09:20 PM
    Get those SD cards ready for Sept. Wait, am I in the right forum? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    06-28-2015 01:24 AM
    Happasayion was pretty much right on the money with the 3 Motorola launches last fall (Moto X, Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6). He has a friend or two that work for Motorola and like to show him prototypes.

Posted via Android Central App
    good to know we have a reliable source sharing some info. Moto has been pretty quiet since the last round of rumors

06-28-2015 08:03 AM
    Motorola has definitely become under the Lenovo influence. Going back to SD cards. No way Google souls have done that. My fear is that they will move away from the software that they currently have and it will feel like a skin for real. I'm sure Motomaker will still be around but it's losing the Google influence. A lot of the people that Google hired to run Motorola have left and now it seems like it's starting to show. I know some people will love being able to use SD cards but I'm not sure if this is the right move. If they go back to removable batteries then not quite sure what the reaction will be.

06-28-2015 10:44 AM
    Motorola has definitely become under the Lenovo influence. Going back to SD cards. No way Google souls have done that. My fear is that they will move away from the software that they currently have and it will feel like a skin for real. I'm sure Motomaker will still be around but it's losing the Google influence. A lot of the people that Google hired to run Motorola have left and now it seems like it's starting to show. I know some people will love being able to use SD cards but I'm not sure if this is the right move. If they go back to removable batteries then not quite sure what the reaction will be.

Having an SD slot makes me think there won't be a 128GB option.

Motorola has done Moto Es and Moto Gs with SD slots even under Google so I doubt it's a Google vs. Lenovo influence.

LG still does SD slots. HTC brought SD slots back. I think it just goes back to Android not playing as nicely with expandable memory for a short time period.

Pollster likes this.
    06-28-2015 11:12 AM

Motorola has done Moto Es and Moto Gs with SD slots even under Google so I doubt it's a Google vs. Lenovo influence.

LG still does SD slots. HTC brought SD slots back. I think it just goes back to Android not playing as nicely with expandable memory for a short time period.

So you think Samsung got rid of them purely just to make extra money then?

06-28-2015 11:41 AM

Nope. I think Samsung didn't put it in the S6 because it would compromise the intended design. I fully expect the next Note to have expandable memory.

06-28-2015 11:50 AM

there's no doubt about it ... it's actually a smart move. I haven't seen any official sales numbers from Samsung, but I'd guess they're making a nice profit due to the decision.

06-28-2015 01:12 PM
    Nope. I think Samsung didn't put it in the S6 because it would compromise the intended design. I fully expect the next Note to have expandable memory.

I disagree. My guess is just as good as anyone else's, but I don't think SD would've compromised the design.

I agree about the Note though. They'll be a ton of unhappy campers if they go form over function.

06-28-2015 01:14 PM
    I disagree. My guess is just as good as anyone else's, but I don't think SD would've compromised the design.

I agree about the Note though. They'll be a ton of unhappy campers if they go form over function.

Samsung sells SD cards so IMO, their decision not to include it in the GS6 wasn't solely for the money.

06-28-2015 01:43 PM
    Samsung sells SD cards so IMO, their decision not to include it in the GS6 wasn't solely for the money.

good point

06-28-2015 04:33 PM
    What is the rumored situation with the battery?

Give me good battery life and please fix camera short comings.

I had an S6 and although I liked the camera I couldn't deal with the software. I had come from an OG moto X, so I sold the S6 and got a 2014 Moto X to tide me over.

Can't wait for September.
    06-28-2015 09:38 PM

I had an S6 and although I liked the camera I couldn't deal with the software. I had come from an OG moto X, so I sold the S6 and got a 2014 Moto X to tide me over.

I am thinking of doing the same. The lag and stuttering on the S6 is ridiculous. How is the software running on the Moto X 2014? Any lag at all?
    07-01-2015 10:26 AM

same here ... it's definitely the phone I'm anticipating the most.

tmrw only rumor I've heard is 3280 mAh, which in this day and age of tiny batteries and HD displays, is be satisfied with

07-01-2015 08:03 PM
    I am thinking of doing the same. The lag and stuttering on the S6 is ridiculous. How is the software running on the Moto X 2014? Any lag at all?
    My Moto x had a decent amount of lag, and tons of bugs, until the 5.1 update this week. It's like a completely different phone now.
    07-02-2015 07:46 AM
    I'm so glad you still post here. You have been spot on w/ your "predictions" regarding Moto phones. Looking forward to more of your work lol
    07-02-2015 08:48 AM
    My Moto x had a decent amount of lag, and tons of bugs, until the 5.1 update this week. It's like a completely different phone now.
    was the lag as bad as the one on your Galaxy S6?
    07-02-2015 08:50 AM
    was the lag as bad as the one on your Galaxy S6?
    I've never had the s6
    07-02-2015 08:51 AM
    16/32/64
    Ry, dusoccer10 and Pollster like this.
    07-02-2015 09:29 AM
    16/32/64
    Seriously they are still going to offer a 16gb version?!

07-02-2015 09:47 AM
    Seriously they are still going to offer a 16gb version?!

Meh, I get by fine with 16GB on my phones. 32GB is preferable, but just have to be a little more selective with pinned music.

Need 32+ for tablets, though.
    07-02-2015 10:17 AM
    Meh, I get by fine with 16GB on my phones. 32GB is preferable, but just have to be a little more selective with pinned music.

Sorry, but most people need more than 16gb with the size Android takes up now. 32gb should be the standard. It's 2015, not 2010.
    07-02-2015 10:40 AM

Same. My last Moto X was 16 and it was fine especially since all photos can be saved on G+ and aren't necessary to have on the device.
    happasaiyan likes this.
    07-02-2015 10:58 AM
    16/32/64
    Multiple internal storage options, SD card slot, stereo speakers, selfie flash (I don't care, but my wife will love this), MotoMaker, one version phone like the Nexus 6, and possibly 5.7 inches? I think I'm in love. Battery size and quality of camera are the last things I'm curious about.
    07-02-2015 02:45 PM
    Multiple internal storage options, SD card slot, stereo speakers, selfie flash (I don't care, but my wife will love this), MotoMaker, one version phone like the Nexus 6, and possibly 5.7 inches? I think I'm in love. Battery size and quality of camera are the last things I'm curious about.
    I would hope that the phablet version has dual front speakers. How much space does it take to run the system on the Moto X?

07-02-2015 04:08 PM
202 ... 34567 ...