Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2015)

Yeah they skimped on the battery last year. Qi charging is too slow for me to really invest in it. Quick charging is where its at, in my opinion. I agree about a competitive camera. If it had at least a camera on the level of the G3 I'd be satisfied. The software experience would have to be similar. No Motoblur from 2011. A couple of new features on top of stock android and we will have a winner.

agreed, I've never had it, but imagine quick charge being one of those things if you've used you can't imagine not having it.

I always just swap my battery (S4) mid day and I'm good. I imagine a 3280, even something close to that, on a 5.2" display should last all day, but being able to quickly top it off would surely come in handy.

just give me a phone with 2015 flagship specs, a solid camera with that large battery and I'm good. I still love my Nexus 4, but used the 2nd gen Moto X and actually prefer the near stock experience to the vanilla. the few subtle changes Moto added were perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2015)

agreed, I've never had it, but imagine quick charge being one of those things if you've used you can't imagine not having it.

I always just swap my battery (S4) mid day and I'm good. I imagine a 3280, even something close to that, on a 5.2" display should last all day, but being able to quickly top it off would surely come in handy.

just give me a phone with 2015 flagship specs, a solid camera with that large battery and I'm good. I still love my Nexus 4, but used the 2nd gen Moto X and actually prefer the near stock experience to the vanilla. the few subtle changes Moto added were perfect.

And I hope they decide to include stereo soakers as well.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
And I hope they decide to include stereo soakers as well.

that would be a plus. I seldom use my speaker for anything but speaker, so not a deal breaker.

i don't care about a fingerprint scanner either and read they'll "never" use em (a statement I question) because they're "unreliable." it's written all over that dimple on the back though

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
ill keep my eye on the new moto x. hopefully they drop the ugly *** look of the 2nd gen, that was my only turn off. the specs seem killer but we all know how these leaks pan out in the end.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So basically a pretty Turbo with a smaller battery and slightly better processor? Not sure 3,280 is big enough with a 1440 screen... love the battery life in my 64gb Turbo, like the looks of the X better, but not sure I want to go backwards in battery size. Sure wish they would just stick the Turbo innards into an X body, maybe upgrade the camera a bit...

Posted via the Turbo

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
5.7" screen with super thin side bezels. It's practically the same width as the 2014 X, but taller.

No idea on the battery or proc. I highly doubt the battery is 3000+mah.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
5.7" screen with super thin side bezels. It's practically the same width as the 2014 X, but taller.

Cool to see you again. If anyone doubts this man....don't. He's legit.

So this new moto is going phablet territory? I'm hearing there's 3 new models with QHD screens coming. Any truth to that?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Cool to see you again. If anyone doubts this man....don't. He's legit.

So this new moto is going phablet territory? I'm hearing there's 3 new models with QHD screens coming. Any truth to that?

The 5.7 number is one I heard before I actually saw it, and I don't carry a measuring tape with me ( :) ), but it really doesn't feel phablet sized. Maybe it's really 5.5? It's possible it just doesn't feel phablet sized because I always have a case on my 2014 X, and the 2015 X I held was naked. I sometimes use a Nexus 6 with a case, too, so maybe I'm just getting used to these huge phones. Lining them both up naked, the body of the 2015 is just barely wider than the 2014, but the screen is much taller.

I haven't heard anything about multiple versions or anything like that (outside of online rumor mills), and of the devices I have seen, they have all been variants of the same device. A new customization option will be a rubber soft-touch back which has a really nice texture/feel to it.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My hands quit growing a long time ago and my 2014 Moto X is at the limits of 1-handed usability for me.

Hopefully I don't have to replace my newly acquired 2014 Moto X anytime soon, but I would like a better camera (if feels like more of an app issue than a hardware issue, but I haven't had time to dig into it) and support for inductive charging.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Can confirm:

5.7" Quad HD
1.8 GHz Hexa-core
2-day battery
Turbo Charging (15min of charging 6 hours of use)
3GB Ram / 32GB ROM / SD Card
Water resistant nano-coating protection
21MP Camera with ZSL, 30fps and dual CCT flash
5MP selfie cam with flash

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Can confirm:

5.7" Quad HD
1.8 GHz Hexa-core
2-day battery

source? and what do u mean by "2 day battery?" what size is it?

thanks!

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I won't be in the market, but:

I do not know why they would use a QHD screen at 5.2" There is no visual difference. It would be better to have the overkill graphics on a 1080p screen. That is why the 1st gen moto x is still the smoothest Android phone around(and the type of memory of course). Its sad that they will play the spec sheet game instead of focusing purely on experience.

Other than that these specs look fantastic. The 4gb of ram would be amazing. One of the only complaints I have with the 2nd Gen is that it could keep apps in memory longer than it does (yes I know it is partly because of lollipop).

Sent from my XT1096

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I won't be in the market, but:

I do not know why they would use a QHD screen at 5.2" There is no visual difference. It would be better to have the overkill graphics on a 1080p screen. That is why the 1st gen moto x is still the smoothest Android phone around(and the type of memory of course). Its sad that they will play the spec sheet game instead of focusing purely on experience.

Other than that these specs look fantastic. The 4gb of ram would be amazing. One of the only complaints I have with the 2nd Gen is that it could keep apps in memory longer than it does (yes I know it is partly because of lollipop).

Sent from my XT1096

QHD screens are just purely specs to impress users. I would of still bought my G3 if it had a 1080 screen. I'd rather have a 128GB or 256GB phone and a 1080 screen.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I know we're about 5-10% of consumers, if that, but seems like most of us prefer the 1080p.

I guess the Samsung/LG reps train the kids at the carrier stores and Best Buys that 1440p is better, and they regurgitate that to the consumers.

To bad they don't educate them in the trade off, and they don't take the time to notice the difference. Hopefully the smaller battery, higher resolution trend will reverse itself sooner than later.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Can confirm:

5.7" Quad HD
1.8 GHz Hexa-core
2-day battery
Yep, I've seen this, too.

Also have heard about a new faster turbo charger called the flash charger which will be usable with 2014 X, N6, etc.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Yep, I've seen this, too.

Also have heard about a new faster turbo charger called the flash charger which will be usable with 2014 X, N6, etc.

Does the flash charger use USB type C? I know that there has been talking USB type C speeding up charging times.

Status
Not open for further replies.