Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I have not seen/heard anything about one. I would LOVE to have one, though, especially with the new features of Android M.

Purely coincidence. Moto had the next Nexus in the bag, but decided not to.

Hmm, dang, I'm sad to hear that. I had hoped that Moto would have been able to get a good finger print scanner since they were trying last year. I do appreciate all the info you are passing on though!

Interesting that they turned it down, I bet the nexus 6 wasn't worth it for them.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, dang, I'm sad to hear that. I had hoped that Moto would have been able to get a good finger print scanner since they were trying last year. I do appreciate all the info you are passing on though!

Interesting that they turned it down, I bet the nexus 6 wasn't worth it for them.

Moto CEO Rick Osterloh said in March the next Moto X won't have a fingerprint scanner cause they're "unreliable."

http://www.talkandroid.com/240096-m...on-next-moto-x-and-no-e-ink-on-next-moto-360/

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto CEO Rick Osterloh said in March the next Moto X won't have a fingerprint scanner cause they're "unreliable."

http://www.talkandroid.com/240096-m...on-next-moto-x-and-no-e-ink-on-next-moto-360/

If I remember that correctly, Osterloh's comments were about why the Nexus 6 and/or second gen Moto X don't have fingerprint scanners. It was rumored that the dimple was supposed to be a scanner this time around.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If I remember that correctly, Osterloh's comments were about why the Nexus 6 and/or second gen Moto X don't have fingerprint scanners. It was rumored that the dimple was supposed to be a scanner this time around.

from article: technology is still too inconsistent for their devices.

I've read it other places also, where he said they're inconsistent and "it’s just as fast to tap your finger to unlock a device as it is to swipe for a fingerprint."

obviously a lot can change from then til the moto x release, but judging from those comments, I think it's fair to say it's unlikely.

I hope me and the article are wrong, though fingerprint scanner is far down my list and not a deal breaker ... I'd rather see a bigger battery, better camera and USB-C.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
from article: technology is still too inconsistent for their devices.

I've read it other places also, where he said they're inconsistent and "it’s just as fast to tap your finger to unlock a device as it is to swipe for a fingerprint."

obviously a lot can change from then til the moto x release, but judging from those comments, I think it's fair to say it's unlikely.

I hope me and the article are wrong, though fingerprint scanner is far down my list and not a deal breaker ... I'd rather see a bigger battery, better camera and USB-C.

Nevermind. It was former CEO Woodside that said the Nexus 6 doesn't have a fingerprint scanner because they couldn't source the best one. http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus...int-sensor-if-not-apples-acquisition-supplier

It still means they would probably do one if they were able to get a good one.

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
So, I have never taken one of my phones apart, but based on the picture could that be the dual flash led placeholder? Does it need that much space?

Based on the new leaked designs, it shouldn't be the dimple, not low enough, and I know that the CEO guy said they wouldn't have one, but if the metal strip was added to be part of the Qualcomm Sense ID implementation, that would be really cool and with the other specs, don't know if could turn down the 5.2 inch version

Also intrigued by the blocking out of data next to the fingerprint label
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x_2015_tipped_to_feature_52_qhd_display-news-12527.php

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That phone in the photo is HUGE.

I thought the same thing. Maybe the rumored 5.7" display is true, hopefully not.

Looks like the latest rumor, despite their CEO saying otherwise just a few months ago, is that it'll have the fingerprint sensor.

I'm guessing after they learned more about M (obviously well ahead of I/O) they realized that having a fingerprint sensor was a necessity.

My concern is if the rumor is true, and they proceed with the QHD and improved camera, how are they gonna keep the price around $450-$500?

Maybe they'll have a 5.2" version with lesser specs/features and the one we're looking at is the 5.7" which will be priced higher.

I hope I'm wrong. I want a high end, future proofed 5.2" phone and I'll gladly pay a premium. I'd certainly like the fingerprint sensor, but it's certainly not a necessity. Just give me a better camera, bigger battery, with a 5.2" 1080p display and USB-C and I'll be ecstatic.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking toward the 2015 Moto X for my next big thing.

I do want a fingerprint sensor equivalent to the S6.

I'd like at least a modicum of security with fingerprint convenience.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
we had a thread a few months ago asking for our perfect phone ... here's what I posted (check marks indicate rumored moto x specs):

√ 3000+ mAh battery
√ 5.2-5.5" display
√ camera on par or slightly below G4/S6/iPhone 6+
√ front speakers
√ USB-C
√ kevlar
√ Moto X UX
√ wireless charging

if one or two of the rumored specs prove false, I'd still be extremely happy. my top 3 that I hope make it are:

1) same/similar near stock Android
2) bigger battery
3) camera close to on par w S6/G4

if we get that with the front speakers and kevlar I'll be ecstatic.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
we had a thread a few months ago asking for our perfect phone ... here's what I posted (check marks indicate rumored moto x specs):

√ 3000+ mAh battery
√ 5.2-5.5" display
√ camera on par or slightly below G4/S6/iPhone 6+
√ front speakers
√ USB-C
√ kevlar
√ Moto X UX
√ wireless charging

if one or two of the rumored specs prove false, I'd still be extremely happy. my top 3 that I hope make it are:

1) same/similar near stock Android
2) bigger battery
3) camera close to on par w S6/G4

if we get that with the front speakers and kevlar I'll be ecstatic.

I still think it would be really cool to have a fingerprint scanner, but it looks more and more like that isn't going to happen :(

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I still think it would be really cool to have a fingerprint scanner, but it looks more and more like that isn't going to happen :(

I've read quite a few rumors that it will have one, but more recently its been left off.

I'd definitely prefer having one, but if I can get a solid camera, bigger battery and near stock I'll be happy.

kevlar/front facing speakers would blow me away and I'd definitely sacrifice the fingerprint scanner for all those features.

to be fair, I've never used quick charge or wireless charging. judging from reviews/comments, I imagine if I had a taste of em, they'd be a necessity and I'd be singing a different tune!

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Im just hoping the 5.7 device actually happens.

Agreed.... I love my Nexus 6.. I don't think the size is that big a deal but just a hair smaller would make it dang near perfect...

5.7 inch, slightly bigger battery than the Nexus 6, Qi Charging with stock android and I'd be sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.