Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to discredit your predictions, simply wondering what your connection to Moto is that so many others take your word as gospel?

I've agreed with most of what you've suggested will be on the new Moto X, but only from "feel" after reading all the articles/rumors. Would love for it to have the SD option.

Just curious, thx!

Posted via the Android Central App

Happasayion was pretty much right on the money with the 3 Motorola launches last fall (Moto X, Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6). He has a friend or two that work for Motorola and like to show him prototypes.

Posted via Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Happasayion was pretty much right on the money with the 3 Motorola launches last fall (Moto X, Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6). He has a friend or two that work for Motorola and like to show him prototypes.

Posted via Android Central App

good to know we have a reliable source sharing some info. Moto has been pretty quiet since the last round of rumors

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Get those SD cards ready for Sept. Wait, am I in the right forum? 😊

Motorola has definitely become under the Lenovo influence. Going back to SD cards. No way Google souls have done that. My fear is that they will move away from the software that they currently have and it will feel like a skin for real. I'm sure Motomaker will still be around but it's losing the Google influence. A lot of the people that Google hired to run Motorola have left and now it seems like it's starting to show. I know some people will love being able to use SD cards but I'm not sure if this is the right move. If they go back to removable batteries then not quite sure what the reaction will be.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola has definitely become under the Lenovo influence. Going back to SD cards. No way Google souls have done that. My fear is that they will move away from the software that they currently have and it will feel like a skin for real. I'm sure Motomaker will still be around but it's losing the Google influence. A lot of the people that Google hired to run Motorola have left and now it seems like it's starting to show. I know some people will love being able to use SD cards but I'm not sure if this is the right move. If they go back to removable batteries then not quite sure what the reaction will be.

Having an SD slot makes me think there won't be a 128GB option.

Motorola has done Moto Es and Moto Gs with SD slots even under Google so I doubt it's a Google vs. Lenovo influence.

LG still does SD slots. HTC brought SD slots back. I think it just goes back to Android not playing as nicely with expandable memory for a short time period.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Having an SD slot makes me think there won't be a 128GB option.

Motorola has done Moto Es and Moto Gs with SD slots even under Google so I doubt it's a Google vs. Lenovo influence.

LG still does SD slots. HTC brought SD slots back. I think it just goes back to Android not playing as nicely with expandable memory for a short time period.

So you think Samsung got rid of them purely just to make extra money then?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Nope. I think Samsung didn't put it in the S6 because it would compromise the intended design. I fully expect the next Note to have expandable memory.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

there's no doubt about it ... it's actually a smart move. I haven't seen any official sales numbers from Samsung, but I'd guess they're making a nice profit due to the decision.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I think Samsung didn't put it in the S6 because it would compromise the intended design. I fully expect the next Note to have expandable memory.

I disagree. My guess is just as good as anyone else's, but I don't think SD would've compromised the design.

I agree about the Note though. They'll be a ton of unhappy campers if they go form over function.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. My guess is just as good as anyone else's, but I don't think SD would've compromised the design.

I agree about the Note though. They'll be a ton of unhappy campers if they go form over function.

Samsung sells SD cards so IMO, their decision not to include it in the GS6 wasn't solely for the money.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What is the rumored situation with the battery?

Give me good battery life and please fix camera short comings.

I had an S6 and although I liked the camera I couldn't deal with the software. I had come from an OG moto X, so I sold the S6 and got a 2014 Moto X to tide me over.

Can't wait for September.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I had an S6 and although I liked the camera I couldn't deal with the software. I had come from an OG moto X, so I sold the S6 and got a 2014 Moto X to tide me over.

I am thinking of doing the same. The lag and stuttering on the S6 is ridiculous. How is the software running on the Moto X 2014? Any lag at all?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

same here ... it's definitely the phone I'm anticipating the most.

tmrw only rumor I've heard is 3280 mAh, which in this day and age of tiny batteries and HD displays, is be satisfied with

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of doing the same. The lag and stuttering on the S6 is ridiculous. How is the software running on the Moto X 2014? Any lag at all?

My Moto x had a decent amount of lag, and tons of bugs, until the 5.1 update this week. It's like a completely different phone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.