Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I get by fine with 16GB on my phones. 32GB is preferable, but just have to be a little more selective with pinned music.

Need 32+ for tablets, though.

Sorry, but most people need more than 16gb with the size Android takes up now. 32gb should be the standard. It's 2015, not 2010.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Meh, I get by fine with 16GB on my phones. 32GB is preferable, but just have to be a little more selective with pinned music.

Need 32+ for tablets, though.

Same. My last Moto X was 16 and it was fine especially since all photos can be saved on G+ and aren't necessary to have on the device.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

Multiple internal storage options, SD card slot, stereo speakers, selfie flash (I don't care, but my wife will love this), MotoMaker, one version phone like the Nexus 6, and possibly 5.7 inches? I think I'm in love. Battery size and quality of camera are the last things I'm curious about.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Multiple internal storage options, SD card slot, stereo speakers, selfie flash (I don't care, but my wife will love this), MotoMaker, one version phone like the Nexus 6, and possibly 5.7 inches? I think I'm in love. Battery size and quality of camera are the last things I'm curious about.

I would hope that the phablet version has dual front speakers. How much space does it take to run the system on the Moto X?

Posted via the Android Central App

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
One version like the N6... Should mean if there's a pure version it should work on vzw I hope. Probably have to jump through hoops like when the N6 originally came out. But if this is true I might have to seriously consider it

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Memory has been the reason I left Motorola for LG. I don't need an SD slot but at least 128GB options. Phones now should come with 64/128. 16/32 just seems way too low especially with today's apps. Games are now hitting the 1GB mark.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Saw someone (not my buddy) using a pre-production Moto device on my commute this morning. Front looked just like the X I've seen (design and size-wise, except no front-facing flash), but the back was different. It had a case on it, so it was hard to know how much of the thickness was the case vs battery, but I think the phone itself was thicker. Maybe the v2 Turbo? The flash on the back was different, as it was a single bigger flash vs the dual on the X. Guess I probably shouldn't put this in this forum, and it's not much to go on. haha. Oh well.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Saw someone (not my buddy) using a pre-production Moto device on my commute this morning. Front looked just like the X I've seen (design and size-wise, except no front-facing flash), but the back was different. It had a case on it, so it was hard to know how much of the thickness was the case vs battery, but I think the phone itself was thicker. Maybe the v2 Turbo? The flash on the back was different, as it was a single bigger flash vs the dual on the X. Guess I probably shouldn't put this in this forum, and it's not much to go on. haha. Oh well.

It looks like you prediction of a one model Moto X for all carriers is going to be true. Droid-Life found FCC documents that indicate Motorola is going to release a phone that has bands for all US carriers. See:

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/13/here-comes-motorolas-next-line-up-of-phones-all-at-the-fcc/
&
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo..._id=pRn4E4T4ILaRGH3fkB5P+g==&fcc_id=IHDT56UC1

If this is true, I'm stoked. I wish more OEMs would do this.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What's the story with the battery size for this supposed device? As far as TK's leaks, for what it's worth, he's said that the supposed Motorola phablet would be 5.7", but that so far, Verizon is the only company that's signed on to carry it. If this 5.5" device works on all carriers, and has a big enough battery, it's worth considering.

Then again, this might be the Droid to replace the Turbo. Who knows? Whichever phablet they release that will work for me on T-Mobile that has front stereo speakers and a big battery will be under consideration, for those useful and no clutter Motorola features.

Posted via the Android Central App

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So based on the FCC docs it looks like the next Moto X will have a 5.5" display? I sure hope that isn't the case. It was tough enough moving from the 2013 to 2014 Moto X. Has there been any reports of something smaller or is it just 5.5" for everyone?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So based on the FCC docs it looks like the next Moto X will have a 5.5" display? I sure hope that isn't the case. It was tough enough moving from the 2013 to 2014 Moto X. Has there been any reports of something smaller or is it just 5.5" for everyone?

I've heard reports of two Moto x's, and that they'll be 5.0/5.5 or 5.2/5.7. Also heard there will be one x at 5.5. I don't know who to believe anymore, but the leaked lineup pics certainly don't look promising for a smaller device :(

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've heard reports of two Moto x's, and that they'll be 5.0/5.5 or 5.2/5.7. Also heard there will be one x at 5.5. I don't know who to believe anymore, but the leaked lineup pics certainly don't look promising for a smaller device :(

Yeah, I mean the FCC sizes have been slightly off on phones before but most of the time they are spot on which puts the "all carrier" Moto X at 6.05" x 2.96" which puts it at G4 size but even taller (I guess to make room for that awful selfie flash they keep talking about).

I really hope there is something smaller coming as well otherwise I might have to look at whatever the LG Nexus 5 (2015) ends up being. My hands can barely handle the current Moto X (2014) so going larger is a deal breaker.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I mean the FCC sizes have been slightly off on phones before but most of the time they are spot on which puts the "all carrier" Moto X at 6.05" x 2.96" which puts it at G4 size but even taller (I guess to make room for that awful selfie flash they keep talking about).

I really hope there is something smaller coming as well otherwise I might have to look at whatever the LG Nexus 5 (2015) ends up being. My hands can barely handle the current Moto X (2014) so going larger is a deal breaker.

Width of the phone is what makes it more or less manageable for me. The 2015 X is less than 2mm wider than the 2014 X, so for me, at least, it's about the same, but you get an extra .5" of screen space.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Width of the phone is what makes it more or less manageable for me. The 2015 X is less than 2mm wider than the 2014 X, so for me, at least, it's about the same, but you get an extra .5" of screen space.

Ugh, so there is only one size and it's a phablet? 2mm may not sound like a lot but I already struggle with the size of the 2014 model. This is what I was afraid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante