Motorola Launch Event July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they will definitely announce it, and I would guess they'll be available a couple weeks later.

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Too early for a press event if that is really the release date.

I agree, and there's no way they're going to run another high profile press event a couple of weeks later to launch a flagship. I'm guessing the Moto X has been moved up schedule-wise, maybe to avoid the Apple Effect.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Here in Brazil some sites are saying that it could be just the Moto G 2015 presentation and no other devices included. Who knows.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here in Brazil some sites are saying that it could be just the Moto G 2015 presentation and no other devices included. Who knows.

3 country press event for just one budget phone? Highly doubt it. They may be saying that due to the Moto G leak.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Fresh new rumours are talking about:

New features for Motorola devices.
Moto G 2015 with Moto maker for Brazil.
Moto X 2015 and Moto X sport.
A little chance of a new device (Moto M - Droid mini).

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Are they going to actually announce the X this year, or just "O yeah here it is BTW. You should care even though we don't enough to announce it" like last year?

Sent from my XT1096

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Are they going to actually announce the X this year, or just "O yeah here it is BTW. You should care even though we don't enough to announce it" like last year?

Sent from my XT1096

heh, i bet we get a real announcement. The invite pretty clearly calls out two X's and a G. The G is their bigger revenue generator, but the X is their US flagship and it looks like they are making some style changes from the leaked pics. They'll need to explain why its better and hopefully make some promises on the camera they can actually deliver on. I'd bet the droid(s) wont be announced here though.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The camera is still going to be lousy, isn't it? I can just feel it in my bones. :(

I don't need it to be on par with the S6/G4, but I just hope it's in the same ballpark. I'm cautiously optimistic, and they'd REALLY need to f this up for me not to grab one ... I haven't purchased a new phone since my Nexus 4 and S4, so really anxious for the 28th (especially being pretty disappointed with the current flagships this year, s6 active not included).

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Motorola is usually a year behind with their cameras. I would imagine it being on the same level as Note4/S5.

I'd be ecstatic if it has a Note 4 quality camera ... personally, UX is my number one priority, and the X has the best in the biz, even better than Nexus IMO. other than battery size, I'm not a spec guy, it's just impossible to measure speed these days with all the moving parts.

decent camera, big battery, that's all I need. it was only a couple years ago most Android fans didn't care about aesthetics, I guess I'm old school!!

very excited for the 28th

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Motorola is usually a year behind with their cameras. I would imagine it being on the same level as Note4/S5.

It wont be close to the note 4 or S5. The note 4 camera is fantastic and the S5 is great too (although it got a lot of unenthusiastic reviews for some reason). Reaching the note 3 level would be an improvement over the 2014 X.

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
it better have good low light performance. there's no excuse anymore.
so don't go showing us closeups of friggin roses, ok? we wanna see what you can do in da club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21