Motorola Launch Event July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Motorola is usually a year behind with their cameras. I would imagine it being on the same level as Note4/S5.

If this camera is like my Note 4's, I'll ditch this Note immediately. That said, I would suggest it's going to be on par w/ the S4, not the Note 4. Still OK but not nearly as good... not even close. I want to go back to the Moto X phone badly. The camera needs to be S5 level for me to even contemplate it.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
it better have good low light performance. there's no excuse anymore.
so don't go showing us closeups of friggin roses, ok? we wanna see what you can do in da club!

Low light performance on my original Moto X was horrendous..... and that's a compliment. I had non-Android phones w/ far superior cameras that were 5 years older. It was awful.

In the daylight though, that thing was on point lol

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If this camera is like my Note 4's, I'll ditch this Note immediately. That said, I would suggest it's going to be on par w/ the S4, not the Note 4. Still OK but not nearly as good... not even close. I want to go back to the Moto X phone badly. The camera needs to be S5 level for me to even contemplate it.

There's no excuse for the camera to be less than S5 quality, and it should really be close to the Note 4. Flagship products should be the best, and their cameras have been awful. I rarely take photos with my 2014 x since it's so bad.

Hypnotic

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to the Note 4 on Sprint. Unfortunately Sprint doesnt have as many phones to offer as other carriers. Will the Moto X 2015 be available to Sprint?

Posted via the Android Central App

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to the Note 4 on Sprint. Unfortunately Sprint doesnt have as many phones to offer as other carriers. Will the Moto X 2015 be available to Sprint?

No one knows for sure, but the rumor is that the Moto X will be a one-version for all carriers like the Nexus 6 is.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
There's no excuse for the camera to be less than S5 quality, and it should really be close to the Note 4. Flagship products should be the best, and their cameras have been awful. I rarely take photos with my 2014 x since it's so bad.

You're right, there is no excuse but the sad fact is that the Moto X's camera has been so subpar in it's two previous releases that it's what we should have come to expect from it.

Trust me, I'm hoping for the best but I am not optimistic the least bit.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
You're right, there is no excuse but the sad fact is that the Moto X's camera has been so subpar in it's two previous releases that it's what we should have come to expect from it.

Trust me, I'm hoping for the best but I am not optimistic the least bit.
Has moto ever has a camera on par with other phones of the same year? They always seem to say it's going to be good and never deliver

Hypnotic

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my new Note 4. Was talking with the reps at Best Buy and they keep telling me to stay away from this new Moto X. They say that there are nice features unique to the phone but the camera and battery has less than stellar on the previous two.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with my new Note 4. Was talking with the reps at Best Buy and they keep telling me to stay away from this new Moto X. They say that there are nice features unique to the phone but the camera and battery has less than stellar on the previous two.

That's not much to go on, really. It's just their word. If you went in with the intention of buying a new phone, even though it's not out yet, they might've just tried to make a sale, because they know the Note 4 is the "top" Android phone and also the most expensive. Until both Moto X's are out (especially the phablet) and used in the real world, it's anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I doubt your local best buy reps know anytime we don't know. It's not like they played with it or anything given its over a month away from release.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I doubt your local best buy reps know anytime we don't know. It's not like they played with it or anything given its over a month away from release.

Reading it back, I think he meant to say that the reps said he should stay away from the Moto X because the camera and battery was less than stellar, not has. It was a typo. But still, I just think they said that so they could make a bigger sale with the Note 4. That's their job, afterall. On the other hand, it's also irresponsible of them, because they have no idea what the new phones will be like. The bottom line is they had to make a sale.

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
i wonder if they mentioned the inevitable lag that will be showing up on his note, completely obliterating his happiness.
probably not.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Has moto ever has a camera on par with other phones of the same year? They always seem to say it's going to be good and never deliver

No, they definitely never have. I don't remember them ever pimping the camera as a selling point but to say they're going to "bring it" w/ this year's camera has me slightly optimistic.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
No, they definitely never have. I don't remember them ever pimping the camera as a selling point but to say they're going to "bring it" w/ this year's camera has me slightly optimistic.

Who said they're going to "Bring It"?
The same guys who've been saying they're going to bring the 5.1 update?
:-/

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
seem to remember HTC saying something like that about the M9. maybe even the M8. I mean what else would these people say when they're asked if their camera is gonna suck again?
have to admit though, I've bought into it a little myself.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they are putting in a front flash which is useless for me. I'd rather the flash be gone and a better sensor for the rear camera.
Next-gen Moto X leaks hint at a big screen and a front flash

Theres no question that MotoX has always been a step behind high end phones released in that time frame but yet it always runs about the same or sometimes better. Motorola's OS skin is very light and close to vanilla and they add improvements on it. The only thing that will steer me away is if they come out with a 32GB for VZW and no 64 or even high option. I wouldn't mind a 32GB with Micro SD but 32GB without expandable memory is useless for me.

I do hope Motorola smartens up and puts a good camera in it but we will have to wait until it's released to find out more. I also do like that nylon ballastic back like on the Droid Turbo. I played with that phone and it's nice but only 32GB and no expandable.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That's not much to go on, really. It's just their word. If you went in with the intention of buying a new phone, even though it's not out yet, they might've just tried to make a sale, because they know the Note 4 is the "top" Android phone and also the most expensive. Until both Moto X's are out (especially the phablet) and used in the real world, it's anyone's guess.

exactly ... never trust a sales person, much less one at best buy, when discussing phones that aren't out yet.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Who said they're going to "Bring It"?
The same guys who've been saying they're going to bring the 5.1 update?
:-/

I'm not gonna search for the article, but some chick that works for moto used the exact words " bring it " when referencing the camera ... was about 2 months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy