Possible Moto x 2015 teaser pics posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
If this were bigger than 5.5 inches I'd expect to see a smaller version....but at 5.5 I'm not so sure they'll bother. Unless they differentiate it some other way. But 5.2-5.5 is really normal range these days (Thank you OnePlus and LG). I don't see them bothering with 5.2 and 5.5, not enough differentiation there.

There has been another Motorola device hitting the FCC that is 0.2" shorter with a similar width. This could be the so called Moto X Sport. Unlike the Moto X it isn't an all carrier model and I am guessing might add a more durable casing or something. I guess we will find out next week.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
There has been another Motorola device hitting the FCC that is 0.2" shorter with a similar width. This could be the so called Moto X Sport. Unlike the Moto X it isn't an all carrier model and I am guessing might add a more durable casing or something. I guess we will find out next week.

The Moto X Sport will be rebranded to be the next high-end Droid for Verizon. That's why it didn't include Verizon's bands in the FCC documents. It's basically the same relationship between the Droid Turbo and the Moto Maxx. The big question is whether the Moto X Sport will be released in the US or be international only like the Moto Maxx was.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X Sport will be rebranded to be the next high-end Droid for Verizon. That's why it didn't include Verizon's bands in the FCC documents. It's basically the same relationship between the Droid Turbo and the Moto Maxx. The big question is whether the Moto X Sport will be released in the US or be international only like the Moto Maxx was.

Verizon likes their exclusives, I don't think that there has ever been a non-DROID variant of any of the DROID phones released by carriers in the US, going all the way back to the OG Droid/Milestone. I have a funny feeling it's contractual, and if the Moto X Sport really is a DROID, it'll never see another carrier.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

The FCC documents do show the shorter Motorola device with Verizon bands it also lacks AC wireless making it unlikely to be the next high end droid as that would be a step backwards.

My guess is the so called Moto X Sport will be positioned as a lower end Moto X with water proofing and a more durable body as well as a lower price and smaller screen. This might also be the model that gets the Snapdragon 808 vs 810 for the regular Moto X. That would at least help make some sense of all of the rumors we have heard about it having an 808 and an 810. I could see something like $399 for the Sport and $499 for the regular. Again this is just a guess.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon likes their exclusives, I don't think that there has ever been a non-DROID variant of any of the DROID phones released by carriers in the US, going all the way back to the OG Droid/Milestone. I have a funny feeling it's contractual, and if the Moto X Sport really is a DROID, it'll never see another carrier.
Sprint got a phone that was basically the D4

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The back of the phone kills the design IMO. The 2014 X with the clean back, large moto dimple and layout look great. This back looks similar to the Axon phone. Unless the specs are unbelievable (camera and battery), I'll be hanging on to my 2014 X.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
This is from the FCC report and are usually pretty spot on so it looks like 6.05" x 2.96" for 2015 vs 5.54" x 2.85" for the 2014
That makes it taller (by .01") and thinner (.13") than the note 4

I actually like the size of the note 4, Samsung made it narrower from the note 3 making it more comfortable to hold. Maybe even thinner will be better? In any case it's going to look like a very tall phone.

Gonna be a lot of "where's my 4.7" phone" complaints though.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
That makes it taller (by .01") and wider (.13") than the note 4

I actually like the size of the note 4, Samsung made it narrower from the note 3 making it more comfortable to hold.

Gonna be a lot of "where's my 4.7" phone" complaints though.

Do you mean narrower? The Moto X 2015 looks to be 6.05" x 2.96" vs 6.04" x 3.09" of the Note 4. I hope with the added size the phone manages to significantly improve the size of the battery, especially with the extra half inch of height.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean narrower? The Moto X 2015 looks to be 6.05" x 2.96" vs 6.04" x 3.09" of the Note 4. I hope with the added size the phone manages to significantly improve the size of the battery, especially with the extra half inch of height.

I edited :)

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
A few questions I have regarding Moto X phones in general, as I'm considering getting either the Moto X phablet or the Huawei Nexus:

1. Are you able to browse the web or use YouTube while on a call?

2. Does the phone stay charging if you pick it up to use it while plugged in?

3. Has Motorola implemented some sort of multi-window feature yet?

4. How is the standby time on Moto X phones, in terms of overnight battery drain?

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12