09-17-2015 08:21 PM
79 1234
tools
    Monday, August 24, 2015 Location Time Pieces
    7 With delivery courier BRISTOL - UK 08:41
    1 Pieces

Getting closer, hopefully thew world does not end before 6pm tonight.
    Cakefish and belodion like this.
    08-24-2015 03:53 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015LocationTimePieces
    7With delivery courierBRISTOL - UK08:41
    1 Pieces

Getting closer, hopefully thew world does not end before 6pm tonight.
    Assuming no Armageddon, I'd be interested in your first impressions! Still thinking about it but so so close to picking one up....

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2015 04:07 AM
    Assuming no Armageddon, I'd be interested in your first impressions! Still thinking about it but so so close to picking one up....

I'm currently using an LG G4 so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against what I think is the best phone of this year so far.
    08-24-2015 04:29 AM
    I'm using a one m8 and also have a nexus 5 which actually runs better on 5.1.1 than my one m8 does on 5.0.1. I'd be interested to know how the play stacks up against last years flagships to know if its a worthy upgrade or better to save the money and wait for something else

08-24-2015 04:44 AM
    Mine has shipped!

Come home to papa little one

Edit: awww, estimated delivery Monday 31/08. That's what I get for living in the south west!
    08-24-2015 05:09 AM
    Mine has shipped!

Come home to papa little one

Edit: awww, estimated delivery Monday 31/08. That's what I get for living in the south west!
    I live in the South West, mine was shipped Thursday and arrived in Bristol Saturday so you never know may get it Friday.
    Cakefish likes this.
    08-24-2015 05:25 AM
    Come on guys I really need to hear your opinions on this phone as I am unsure whether to get the play or the style! I would like to hear the comparison between the LG G4 and the play, I recently bought the G3 and I really liked it but the best sot I got was only three hours which was just awful and there was nothing running that drained the battery but it did have a Quad display and a 3000mh battery and that is what the Style has and that really bothers me as I want more sot and that Quad display and 3000mh battery is a worry!

My useage is really only Web browsing a few emails and I do watch Netflix on it so I am sure the Play would be perfect but is the build quality good and is that processor quick enough?

I am no tech expert so I have no idea so I am looking forward to some of you guys telling me many good things
    08-24-2015 05:27 AM
    So DHL are idiots, I had a text asking if I wanted it to be left at an Inpost locker which I said yes to and they confirmed my request on email as I knew I wouldn't be in, So.....today they tried to deliver it to my house!! I will now be getting it tomorrow, grrrrr.
    08-24-2015 02:34 PM
    Well DHL get better, they now have an issue with inpost.... They will now deliver it to my work but said Wednesday, I told them how unhappy I was and I have now been told it will be delivered tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

08-24-2015 03:41 PM
    I recently had a parcel delivered - not by DHL - for which the latest update to the order tracking, which I checked on a Tuesday, stated that the delivery would be on the following Thursday. In fact it came that same day, Tuesday....fortunately I was at home to sign for it, but only a little later and I would have left.

08-24-2015 06:07 PM
    Mine has arrived! Will test it all out when home later.

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-24668.jpg   Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-24669.jpg  
    08-25-2015 06:37 AM
    So far I am liking this, for my use email, social media, shopping, you tube, notes and calendar management. I have only played a bit of temple run so far so no heavy games.

I have had zero lag, it is responsive and quick compared to my LG G4 I have not noticed a difference in my everyday use.

It feels light in the hand, the sound is good for a mono speaker but the quality is good being front facing.

Camera is good but not LG G4 standard.

I have been using it for nearly 11 hours today and battery has been good also, 4 hours 25 mins screen time and still on 34%, not bad when I have been doing lots of set up stuff.

Will be using it full time for the next few weeks at least so can ask any questions people may have.

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-screenshot_2015-08-25-23-22-41.jpg   Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-screenshot_2015-08-25-23-22-27.jpg   Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-20150825_113428_hdr.jpg  
    belodion, Cakefish and ewak12321 like this.
    08-25-2015 06:33 PM
    I'm going to hold back and let you enjoy. Your first impressions sound very good. Just one question....display quality?

08-25-2015 06:40 PM
    I'm going to hold back and let you enjoy. Your first impressions sound very good. Just one question....display quality?

Display is very good to be honest, i am not missing quad HD, this display should have been in the Moto G 3rd gen.

Also it's really bright, have not been over 50% brightness yet with some outside use.

belodion likes this.
    08-25-2015 06:45 PM
    It has teleporting capabilities - confirmed!

Estimated delivery was the 31st. It was picked up from China on Monday and now suddenly out of the blue it's out for delivery in the UK, on its way to me today! Amazing!

I'll be comparing it vs Nexus 5. I think it'll make for a very interesting comparison.
    belodion likes this.
    08-26-2015 05:27 AM
    It has teleporting capabilities - confirmed!

Estimated delivery was the 31st. It was picked up from China on Monday and now suddenly out of the blue it's out for delivery in the UK, on its way to me today! Amazing!

I'll be comparing it vs Nexus 5. I think it'll make for a very interesting comparison.
    I'm interested in your comparison vs nexus 5 so I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope you enjoy!

08-26-2015 05:36 AM
    I'm interested in your comparison vs nexus 5 so I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope you enjoy!

What would you prefer; video or written (with pics)?
    08-26-2015 05:46 AM
    What would you prefer; video or written (with pics)?
    Ooh I'm not so picky, just whatever you fancy!

08-26-2015 05:57 AM

Oh yeah
    08-26-2015 07:03 AM
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the phone.
    I'm trying hard to be patient and wait for more full reviews before I commit.
    Cheers.

08-26-2015 07:19 AM
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the phone.
    I'm trying hard to be patient and wait for more full reviews before I commit.
    Cheers.

Haha me too! I wouldn't bother with moto maker so could pretty much get one next day from clove or carohone warehouse. It's so hard not to press that buy button!

08-26-2015 07:25 AM
    First impression - beautiful phone. Love the red accent I picked in Moto Maker. Loving the big screen. Very nice to have!

Really not liking the fact that Motorola didn't include Turbo charger. Hoping I can track one down in town today. The charger they do provide is awfully, painfully slow.

Power and volume buttons are rattly and a bit loose. Nothing major, but a minor issue seeing as my Nexus 5 doesn't have this problem.

Screen is better quality than Nexus 5. More saturated colours, more accurate whites and deeper blacks. Not a colossal difference, but definitely noticeable when viewed side-by-side. Much nicer haptic feedback too; doesn't make as much noise.

Speaker is definitely better on the Moto X. More punchy, louder and more bass.
    CTalman and belodion like this.
    08-26-2015 08:23 AM
    First impression - beautiful phone. Love the red accent I picked in Moto Maker. Loving the big screen. Very nice to have!

Really not liking the fact that Motorola didn't include Turbo charger. Hoping I can track one down in town today. The charger they do provide is awfully, painfully slow.

Power and volume buttons are rattly and a bit loose. Nothing major, but a minor issue seeing as my Nexus 5 doesn't have this problem.

Screen is better quality than Nexus 5. More saturated colours, more accurate whites and deeper blacks. Not a colossal difference, but definitely noticeable when viewed side-by-side. Much nicer haptic feedback too; doesn't make as much noise.

Speaker is definitely better on the Moto X. More punchy, louder and more bass.
    I've currently got an LG G3 so am a bit nervous of giving this up more so because of the camera. When you get a chance please do let us know your thoughts on the camera. Especially because of the whole "missing OIS' that everyone is getting in a flap about!

And any other thoughts, both positive and negative, would be good to know about.

Cheers.

08-26-2015 11:35 AM
    I've currently got an LG G3 so am a bit nervous of giving this up more so because of the camera. When you get a chance please do let us know your thoughts on the camera. Especially because of the whole "missing OIS' that everyone is getting in a flap about!

And any other thoughts, both positive and negative, would be good to know about.

Cheers.

I'm in town at the moment, waking down to the waterfront to take some pics of the sea with both this and Nexus 5. I will take photos with both the Moto camera app and the Google camera app for comparison too

I'll take some low light ones later tonight too.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    CTalman and belodion like this.
    08-26-2015 11:56 AM
    So day 2 and I have found a few minor negatives now, the buttons rattle and feel cheap. The fact the UK phones come with standard charger instead of fast charger is annoying but I do have plenty of fast chargers so no biggie for me but could be for others.

Performance has still been amazing still and no lag etc. Compared to my LG G4 I have seen no performance issues at all, it performs like an expensive flagship phone.

Battery today has been great, I was busy in work so didn't use it as much as I may do at other times, based on today's usage I could get through two days without charging. 3 hours screen time and over 15 hours standby with 49% battery left.

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-4347.jpg   Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-4346.jpg   Moto X Play Now Available for Purchase in the UK!-4345.jpg  
    belodion likes this.
    08-26-2015 05:44 PM
79 1234