09-25-2015 09:19 AM
216 1234 ...
tools
    https://recombu.com/mobile/article/m...-x-play-review

A new review here but the comment about average battery life isn't great but then I think I am expecting too much from a phone battery as my Xperia Z3 is praised for its battery life but I don't think it's that good as I got approx 4.15 sot the other day this included about 1 hour watching Netflix and the rest was emails and web browsing!

The reviewer does say it can stream video for seven hours before the battery runs out but would that mean seven hours of Netflix? If so then the battery must be superb
    08-24-2015 04:01 PM
    https://recombu.com/mobile/article/m...-x-play-review

A new review here but the comment about average battery life isn't great but then I think I am expecting too much from a phone battery as my Xperia Z3 is praised for its battery life but I don't think it's that good as I got approx 4.15 sot the other day this included about 1 hour watching Netflix and the rest was emails and web browsing!

The reviewer does say it can stream video for seven hours before the battery runs out but would that mean seven hours of Netflix? If so then the battery must be superb
    This review says that the battery life is below the G4, which I think is pretty strange. Many people reported average battery life on the G4, with a maximum of 4 hours of screen on.
    08-24-2015 04:30 PM
    No chop chop for flashlight? I thought that was one of the features? Is there the double twist to launch camera?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Twist for camera yes but no chop

08-24-2015 04:46 PM
    This review says that the battery life is below the G4, which I think is pretty strange. Many people reported average battery life on the G4, with a maximum of 4 hours of screen on.
    I had the G3 and the battery life was truly awful with 3 hours sot and from reviews the G4 is not much better so I was/am hoping the battery on the Play would be far superior to those phones.
    08-24-2015 05:01 PM
    Guys, battery life is great... I took mine off the charger at 6am and now is 19:30 with 47%!! Spent the last hour on YouTube!
    I wish I could post some testing pictures with Moto X and a S6, but I'm new member and can't post links...
    The Moto X is behind, but not way behind! Very good camera, waaaay batter than new Moto G, which is my work phone.
    The cons for me are: Moto voice, useless.. Few useful commands and in a noisy place, the phone keeps going alive by itseft... And the "motion" processor is useless for me too... The screen goes on in certain occasions... For me, a simple notification LED would have a better cost benefit in terms of cost of hardware and battery life (would be even greater!).
    The big con is the lack of gyroscope... Why Motorola? No YouTube 360, no cardboard, no photo sphere....

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk
    zedz likes this.
    08-24-2015 06:32 PM
    Hi Rush

What screen on time are you getting as I only got 3 hours with my LG G3 which was just terrible it would be good to know how long you are getting and how much video/Netflix etc is included in the sot.

Thanks
    08-24-2015 07:14 PM
    Andy, it was a usual week day... My old Nexus 4 with a new battery would be dead by 4 pm. By now, its 21:30 and still got 36%!

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 08:36 PM
    I got great battery life yesterday

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Play: Various Reviews-420.jpg   Moto X Play: Various Reviews-421.jpg  
    08-25-2015 04:23 AM
    Well the battery life is sounding positive but I like a bright screen so I hope you aren't one of those users who has a dim screen to save battery as I can't bear dull screens :-)
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    08-25-2015 04:30 AM
    Well the battery life is sounding positive but I like a bright screen so I hope you aren't one of those users who has a dim screen to save battery as I can't bear dull screens :-)
    Even under half way this screen is bright. It's the brightest screen I have used

MRS DIVA likes this.
    08-25-2015 08:10 AM
    Even under half way this screen is bright. It's the brightest screen I have used

That is great to hear as my G3 was the dullest screen I have used and my Xperia Z3 is also bright as I have to have a bright display.
    08-25-2015 08:48 AM
    I had mine just over 4 hours screen time with 40% battery left yesterday.

Posted via my Moto x
    08-25-2015 11:04 AM
    I had mine just over 4 hours screen time with 40% battery left yesterday.

Posted via my Moto x
    That's good to hear. My one m8 barely makes it to 3 hours SOT nowadays before the low battery warning is beeping at me!

08-25-2015 11:14 AM
    All these battery life comments is amusing. I sear every phone out has complaints about poor or even horrible battery life. Every forum for every phone regardless of the manufacturer, there's always complaints about battery life. I think with fast charging, battery life complaints are pretty useless now IMO
    08-25-2015 01:10 PM
    All these battery life comments is amusing. I sear every phone out has complaints about poor or even horrible battery life. Every forum for every phone regardless of the manufacturer, there's always complaints about battery life. I think with fast charging, battery life complaints are pretty useless now IMO
    I find posts like yours pretty useless In my opinion.

Fast charging is great IF you have access to a plug socket so for me in the car all day a phone with a better sot than 3 hours is important as they don't charge quickly in the car and going from appointment to appointment I don't get much time to use the car charger.
    08-25-2015 01:33 PM
    How much storage does the system take out of the box? How much free user space do you have?
    08-25-2015 01:48 PM
    On a work day I don't have e access to a charger until I get home from work. Often my one m8 is at 15% or less by this point and I have to limit my use of it. Running the battery that low every day isn't good for it either so it will degrade faster. Good battery life is probably the most important feature I'm looking forward in my next phone

08-25-2015 02:59 PM
    So far I am liking this, for my use email, social media, shopping, you tube, notes and calendar management. I have only played a bit of temple run so far so no heavy games.

I have had zero lag, it is responsive and quick compared to my LG G4 I have not noticed a difference in my everyday use.

It feels light in the hand, the sound is good for a mono speaker but the quality is good being front facing.

Camera is good but not LG G4 standard.

I have been using it for nearly 11 hours today and battery has been good also, 4 hours 25 mins screen time and still on 34%, not bad when I have been doing lots of set up stuff.

Will be using it full time for the next few weeks at least so can ask any questions people may have.

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Play: Various Reviews-4334.jpg   Moto X Play: Various Reviews-4333.jpg   Moto X Play: Various Reviews-4244.jpg  
    CTalman and jephanie like this.
    08-25-2015 06:35 PM
    So far I am liking this, for my use email, social media, shopping, you tube, notes and calendar management. I have only played a bit of temple run so far so no heavy games.

I have had zero lag, it is responsive and quick compared to my LG G4 I have not noticed a difference in my everyday use.

It feels light in the hand, the sound is good for a mono speaker but the quality is good being front facing.

Camera is good but not LG G4 standard.

I have been using it for nearly 11 hours today and battery has been good also, 4 hours 25 mins screen time and still on 34%, not bad when I have been doing lots of set up stuff.

Will be using it full time for the next few weeks at least so can ask any questions people may have.

How does it compare size wise to the G4? I owned a G3 for a bit and found it a little big coming from a nexus 5 but having now been using an m8 for over a year (which is big for the screen size) I reckon I'll get used to the larger screen this time.

Interesting you say less lag vs the G4. Just shows that these manufacturer skins need to die!

Any glaring negatives that you've spotted so far?

08-26-2015 04:10 AM
    I'd also be interested in audio quality when using headphones and Google play music ...

08-26-2015 04:26 AM
    How does it compare size wise to the G4? I owned a G3 for a bit and found it a little big coming from a nexus 5 but having now been using an m8 for over a year (which is big for the screen size) I reckon I'll get used to the larger screen this time.

Interesting you say less lag vs the G4. Just shows that these manufacturer skins need to die!

Any glaring negatives that you've spotted so far?

No negatives so far.

It's not faster than the G4 but it is just as fast is what I meant.

Size wise similar to the LG G4 I will try to take a photo later side by side.

08-26-2015 05:35 AM
    http://phandroid.com/2015/08/25/moto...r-moto-x-play/

Disappointing news. The Moto G has this feature. Unacceptable that the higher end phone doesn't.

Still looking forward to mine though! Hardly a deal breaker.
    08-26-2015 05:36 AM
    I'd also be interested in audio quality when using headphones and Google play music ...

I have not used headphones yet but Google Play music over Bluetooth in my car along with using sat nav on the phone worked great today.

08-26-2015 05:36 AM
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobil...-x-play-review

Seems surprising their video playback test is compatible to the S6. I don't see why this battery isnt blowing these other phones out the water!

08-26-2015 08:13 AM
    I like having the latest and greatest but the Style/Pure is too big for me, and the Play doesn't seem like an upgrade from my Turbo (other than sd), and it lacks wireless charging and the battery may not even last as long. I really wanted to look at this for my new toy but now I don't know.
    08-26-2015 01:29 PM
216 1234 ...