Moto X Play: Various Reviews

Ryan Oneill

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: moto X play reviews

Seems fine but the manual I'd better as it overexposes so controlling the light is a must in bright sunlight

Posted via the Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

My bad just seen I presume no gyroscope as no chop chop for flashlight

No chop chop for flashlight? I thought that was one of the features? Is there the double twist to launch camera?

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

No chop chop for flashlight? I thought that was one of the features? Is there the double twist to launch camera?

That's surprising seeing as the Moto G has it

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

https://recombu.com/mobile/article/motorola-moto-x-play-review

A new review here but the comment about average battery life isn't great but then I think I am expecting too much from a phone battery as my Xperia Z3 is praised for its battery life but I don't think it's that good as I got approx 4.15 sot the other day this included about 1 hour watching Netflix and the rest was emails and web browsing!

The reviewer does say it can stream video for seven hours before the battery runs out but would that mean seven hours of Netflix? If so then the battery must be superb :)

Last edited:

m477

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

https://recombu.com/mobile/article/motorola-moto-x-play-review

A new review here but the comment about average battery life isn't great but then I think I am expecting too much from a phone battery as my Xperia Z3 is praised for its battery life but I don't think it's that good as I got approx 4.15 sot the other day this included about 1 hour watching Netflix and the rest was emails and web browsing!

The reviewer does say it can stream video for seven hours before the battery runs out but would that mean seven hours of Netflix? If so then the battery must be superb :)

This review says that the battery life is below the G4, which I think is pretty strange. Many people reported average battery life on the G4, with a maximum of 4 hours of screen on.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

This review says that the battery life is below the G4, which I think is pretty strange. Many people reported average battery life on the G4, with a maximum of 4 hours of screen on.

I had the G3 and the battery life was truly awful with 3 hours sot and from reviews the G4 is not much better so I was/am hoping the battery on the Play would be far superior to those phones.

Rush01

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Guys, battery life is great... I took mine off the charger at 6am and now is 19:30 with 47%!! Spent the last hour on YouTube!
I wish I could post some testing pictures with Moto X and a S6, but I'm new member and can't post links...
The Moto X is behind, but not way behind! Very good camera, waaaay batter than new Moto G, which is my work phone.
The cons for me are: Moto voice, useless.. Few useful commands and in a noisy place, the phone keeps going alive by itseft... And the "motion" processor is useless for me too... The screen goes on in certain occasions... For me, a simple notification LED would have a better cost benefit in terms of cost of hardware and battery life (would be even greater!).
The big con is the lack of gyroscope... Why Motorola? No YouTube 360, no cardboard, no photo sphere....

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Hi Rush

What screen on time are you getting as I only got 3 hours with my LG G3 which was just terrible it would be good to know how long you are getting and how much video/Netflix etc is included in the sot.

Thanks

Rush01

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Andy, it was a usual week day... My old Nexus 4 with a new battery would be dead by 4 pm. By now, its 21:30 and still got 36%!

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

Ryan Oneill

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I got great battery life yesterday

Attachments

• 420.jpg
    420.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 63
  • 421.jpg
    421.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 62

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Well the battery life is sounding positive but I like a bright screen so I hope you aren't one of those users who has a dim screen to save battery as I can't bear dull screens :)

Ryan Oneill

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Well the battery life is sounding positive but I like a bright screen so I hope you aren't one of those users who has a dim screen to save battery as I can't bear dull screens :)

Even under half way this screen is bright. It's the brightest screen I have used

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Even under half way this screen is bright. It's the brightest screen I have used

That is great to hear as my G3 was the dullest screen I have used and my Xperia Z3 is also bright as I have to have a bright display.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I had mine just over 4 hours screen time with 40% battery left yesterday.

Posted via my Moto x

That's good to hear. My one m8 barely makes it to 3 hours SOT nowadays before the low battery warning is beeping at me!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

All these battery life comments is amusing. I sear every phone out has complaints about poor or even horrible battery life. Every forum for every phone regardless of the manufacturer, there's always complaints about battery life. I think with fast charging, battery life complaints are pretty useless now IMO

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

All these battery life comments is amusing. I sear every phone out has complaints about poor or even horrible battery life. Every forum for every phone regardless of the manufacturer, there's always complaints about battery life. I think with fast charging, battery life complaints are pretty useless now IMO

I find posts like yours pretty useless In my opinion.

Fast charging is great IF you have access to a plug socket so for me in the car all day a phone with a better sot than 3 hours is important as they don't charge quickly in the car and going from appointment to appointment I don't get much time to use the car charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay