Moto X Play Camera Samples

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Think I just hit 100%

I had a Galaxy S5 which broke so I had to go back to my Galaxy Nexus. It's not holding up great haha. I have 3 batteries because the SoT is like 50 minutes
Haha I was gonna say... :)

You'll have your new phone in no time buddy

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

If you like the Motorola software experience, the Nexus shouldn't even be considered.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the Style/Pure could be even better.

need two phones. figured this and the LG Nexus were a lock. then saw some rumored specs (most importantly a 3900-4200 battery) on the Hauwei Nexus and figured I'd ditch the Pure. Now this! I want a decent camera, but wasn't expecting S6/G4 quality. I'll have to see em side by side, but I'm confident these pics are just as good, if not better than the iPhone 6+, another great camera.

so now we're back to the Pure and LG Nexus.

64 MB Pure with ebony wood back ... we're taking about a bloat free, non carrier branded phone running stock for about $500 after tax. I just assumed at that price the camera would be just OK, which would've been a fair tradeoff, but this is just over the top. why anybody would shell out $800 for a Samsung, when this bad boy is available is beyond me .... and that's not a shot at Samsung, I just don't see any reason right now why anybody wouldn't want this phone.

pound for pound, from what I can tell so far, it's probably the best phone out there. The Hauwei Nexus better be packing an enormous battery for me to consider it over this. man, sorry to go on and on, I'm just so impressed with Moto right now, these pics are amazing.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola's New Camera Samples

I'm sold (already was but definitely am now). In fact, I think I just wet my shorts a little bit. I love the Moto X concept more than any other out there and now that it has what appears to be a top notch camera is all I need to know. Now...when is the "official" launch date (can't trust that 9/3 date)?

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Have to wait for actual full reviews. Any camera can take good shots in proper lighting conditions. It's the low light situations where cameras are made or broken; HTC, Moto X, Moto X '14 etc. The few low light shots in this write up aren't enough to convince me Moto has figured it out. I really hope they have. I loved my X '13 but the camera was unbearable, so I picked up a G4 and boy is this camera incredible. Unfortunately everything else about the phone kinda sucks. I really want to get back on the Motorola train. I'm eagerly awaiting the full reviews.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

buy both of em!!

I don't like the large size of the new Moto X. It's basically the same size as the new note 5 and that is just way too big.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

If you like the Motorola software experience, the Nexus shouldn't even be considered.

I do love the Motorola software, but I don't like 5.7 inch phones. In fact 5-inch to 5.2 inches is about as big as I want to go. So that's why the rumored smaller Nexus is on my radar.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

it depends on what you value most though. if you like the moto features, but like usb-c better, or really have your heart set on a fingerprint sensor, than it should definitely be considered.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I do love the Motorola software, but I don't like 5.7 inch phones. In fact 5-inch to 5.2 inches is about as big as I want to go. So that's why the rumored smaller Nexus is on my radar.

I'm sure you've considered this, and this wouldn't apply to 5.7" vs 5.2" but it's always a good idea to consider the shape of the phone, as well as the bezels.

Typically it's the width, not the height that bothers people. And you can have a phone with a 5.5" display, that's much more difficult to hold than a 5.7" one.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the smaller Nexus this year. And I'm more of a fan of the larger phones, but I do feel sorry for the people that prefer more compact devices. Obviously, you don't need the same specs (resolution, processor, battery, etc) in a smaller device that you'll find on a larger one in order to achieve the same performance, but it's too bad that space isn't filled with more choice. I don't think it's a case of a vocal minority. I mean yeah they might be vocal (OK, they are!) and yeah they're the minority, but I do believe there's a market.

I heard HTC is launching a 5" version of the M10 this year ... hopefully that'll start a trend of more compact phones. if nobody bites though, there's really no more room for criticism aimed at OEMs for neglecting a potential customer base.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure you've considered this, and this wouldn't apply to 5.7" vs 5.2" but it's always a good idea to consider the shape of the phone, as well as the bezels.

Typically it's the width, not the height that bothers people. And you can have a phone with a 5.5" display, that's much more difficult to hold than a 5.7" one.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the smaller Nexus this year. And I'm more of a fan of the larger phones, but I do feel sorry for the people that prefer more compact devices. Obviously, you don't need the same specs (resolution, processor, battery, etc) in a smaller device that you'll find on a larger one in order to achieve the same performance, but it's too bad that space isn't filled with more choice. I don't think it's a case of a vocal minority. I mean yeah they might be vocal (OK, they are!) and yeah they're the minority, but I do believe there's a market.

I heard HTC is launching a 5" version of the M10 this year ... hopefully that'll start a trend of more compact phones. if nobody bites though, there's really no more room for criticism aimed at OEMs for neglecting a potential customer base.

I hear ya on the vocal minority thing. I realize that it is getting more difficult for us folks that like smaller phones to get a high end device in that smaller form factor. That's why when I heard about the smaller Nexus I decided to hold off getting the new Moto X until the new Nexus devices come out in a few months. I just installed a new battery in my original Moto X and it's working better than ever. So, I'm not in a hurry for a new phone. Even if HTC does introduce a smaller phone, it won't be for me as I'm not into the skinned Android experience such as sense and TouchWiz. I'm not into rooting and flashing ROMs either. So, the more I think about it, I may have to give up some of the great Motorola features in order to get a smaller screen phone like the smaller Nexus. The one nice thing about Nexus devices is you are pretty much guaranteed to be running the latest and greatest version of Android for at least two to three years. So, right now I'm just playing the waiting game.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Have to wait for actual full reviews. Any camera can take good shots in proper lighting conditions. It's the low light situations where cameras are made or broken; HTC, Moto X, Moto X '14 etc. The few low light shots in this write up aren't enough to convince me Moto has figured it out. I really hope they have. I loved my X '13 but the camera was unbearable, so I picked up a G4 and boy is this camera incredible. Unfortunately everything else about the phone kinda sucks. I really want to get back on the Motorola train. I'm eagerly awaiting the full reviews.

The Verge is usually quite hard on Android cameras, so I'm impressed if they say it's good. I'm looking g forward to (hopefully) buying one next week!

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

agreed a few more shots are needed to feel completely confident, but what I saw was extremely encouraging. if those pics were taken by moto I'd remain skeptical, but the Verge has been a reliable source, even somewhat critical IMO when it comes to Android. I'm also not ready to put it's camera up there with the S6 or G4, but I think it's safe to say there's a dramatic improvement, and it's at least closed to being on par with the best ones available. That combined with its other features and specs, specifically not having any bloatware, carrier branding, and being a reasonably priced unlocked phone, I've seen enough to justify ordering one at launch, something I very rarely do with any product, especially tech related!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

The Verge is usually quite hard on Android cameras, so I'm impressed if they say it's good. I'm looking g forward to (hopefully) buying one next week!

Posted via the Android Central App

man I hope you're right about next week! I've been on the fence with the Pure and the Hauwei Nexus, but I'm leaning toward the Pure and choosing between either Nexus as I need to replace both my S4 and Nexus 4 ... I've been going back and forth so that can change literally any second, but as of this moment that's what I'm thinking!

I can't imagine not hitting the buy button after designing my phone on Moto Maker, especially if I'm doing so on the cracked screen on my S4!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I hear ya on the vocal minority thing. I realize that it is getting more difficult for us folks that like smaller phones to get a high end device in that smaller form factor. That's why when I heard about the smaller Nexus I decided to hold off getting the new Moto X until the new Nexus devices come out in a few months. I just installed a new battery in my original Moto X and it's working better than ever. So, I'm not in a hurry for a new phone. Even if HTC does introduce a smaller phone, it won't be for me as I'm not into the skinned Android experience such as sense and TouchWiz. I'm not into rooting and flashing ROMs either. So, the more I think about it, I may have to give up some of the great Motorola features in order to get a smaller screen phone like the smaller Nexus. The one nice thing about Nexus devices is you are pretty much guaranteed to be running the latest and greatest version of Android for at least two to three years. So, right now I'm just playing the waiting game.

hopefully Google will surprise us and we won't have to wait as long as we have in the past to get our hands on one! obviously not holding my breath though.

I hear you with skins, I just don't see myself ever going down that road again so long as we have a choice. I've been using a Nexus 4 and S4 (with Nova) and it's not even a competition as far as which phone runs smoother.

And yeah, there's much less of a reason to root these days, and I have no intentions on doing so in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21