I am returning my Moto X Play

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: So mine is going back.

Wait for Nexus 5 or I think the Sony Z5 Compact may be worth looking at, for me 5.5 inch is the smallest I want.

Posted via the Android Central App
Trouble is, if the rumours are to be believed, the new Nexus will be almost the same size as this phone (it supposedly has larger bezels). It's a difficult decision though, as I really do like having the big display for YouTube videos and web browsing etc. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Trouble is, if the rumours are to be believed, the new Nexus will be almost the same size as this phone (it supposedly has larger bezels). It's a difficult decision though, as I really do like having the big display for YouTube videos and web browsing etc. Decisions, decisions...

LOL. Just the second day using the phone and I'm adapting quite well to the size. The big display is wonderful and I'm sure it'll be difficult going back to a smaller one. I was afraid that writing one handed could be tricky but not at all. Swiping with SwiftKey feels even better that with my last phone.

And yeah, the new Nexus 5 is going to be the same size. This was one of my reasons to buy the Play instead of waiting.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

LOL. Just the second day using the phone and I'm adapting quite well to the size. The big display is wonderful and I'm sure it'll be difficult going back to a smaller one. I was afraid that writing one handed could be tricky but not at all. Swiping with SwiftKey feels even better that with my last phone.

And yeah, the new Nexus 5 is going to be the same size. This was one of my reasons to buy the Play instead of waiting.
Haha I can't use this phone one handed at all. Even using my Nexus 5 one-handed was a struggle for me. I just have tiny, tiny hands because I'm a tiny, tiny person overall!

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm nervous about going bigger from my N5. I've got a couple of mates who went from N5 to Note 4 and they said they'll never go back to smaller screen/device.

Haven't ordered the Play yet as waiting for reviews of the Style and also confirmed details of the Nexus.

Got to wait until October anyway as I may be being made redundant which makes the choice easier (stick with N5 until get new job)!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

I have also started the return process. Reason; just a bit too large for my liking. I've realised that 5.5" phones are not really suitable for my tiny pockets and tiny hands! I've ordered a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact for easy one-handed usability and pocketability.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm seriously amazed Motorola accept these returns if there is nothing wrong with the phone. I have changed a phone on contract before as wasn't happy but thought that was down to the mobile network. I always thought in the UK, once a product had been used it was tough!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm seriously amazed Motorola accept these returns if there is nothing wrong with the phone. I have changed a phone on contract before as wasn't happy but thought that was down to the mobile network. I always thought in the UK, once a product had been used it was tough!

It's UK law. They have no choice. Every company offers the same 14 day return policy. I recently returned a HP Spectre x360 under the same 14 day return window policy because it had a dead pixel (unfortunately my much cheaper replacement has also developed a screen defect but it's gone past the 14 day window so I'll have to get it repaired through warranty instead).

But I do like the Moto X Play a lot. But the new Sony announcement really grabbed my attention with the Z5 Compact. I couldn't resist pre-ordering one. The Moto X Play (admittedly with protective sleeve) just always felt a little too big for my pockets, I was always too aware of its presence. 5.5" phones are just a step too far for my liking. Nexus 5 was borderline too large already. I decided to take a risk with the Moto but in the end, I couldn't shake off the desire for a more compact device.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

But you HP was faulty if it had a dead pixel so that makes sense. Returning something because you don't like it doesn't make sense to me and I think people are lucky to get away with it as I don't think it's in UK law, or at least not my interpretation of the wording. It must cost the companies as they now have an item they can't sell as new .

Of course if you can go for it! There have been times in that past I've wanted to so if this is a thing then I'll try if it happens to me in the future!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Every retailer I've looked at offers the minimum 14 day return window. Amazon even has a 30 day return window!

It's either UK law or a great example of how a competitive market benefits consumers! :)

I've switched back now to Nexus 5 as I don't want to risk damaging the Moto before I send it back. I immediately feel as though I've made the right decision as my small hands have noticeably better grip on this phone. Can't wait for the Z5 Compact.

Do you get the DHL return slip via email? I assume so. I forgot to ask them when I was on the phone.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

It's UK law. They have no choice. Every company offers the same 14 day return policy. I recently returned a HP Spectre x360 under the same 14 day return window policy because it had a dead pixel (unfortunately my much cheaper replacement has also developed a screen defect but it's gone past the 14 day window so I'll have to get it repaired through warranty instead).

But I do like the Moto X Play a lot. But the new Sony announcement really grabbed my attention with the Z5 Compact. I couldn't resist pre-ordering one. The Moto X Play (admittedly with protective sleeve) just always felt a little too big for my pockets, I was always too aware of its presence. 5.5" phones are just a step too far for my liking. Nexus 5 was borderline too large already. I decided to take a risk with the Moto but in the end, I couldn't shake off the desire for a more compact device.
Hey cakefish

Let us know how you like the sony compact z5. I did pre-order my moto x pure but I really like z5 compact size.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Going back to Nexus 5 is insanely difficult. 1hr 30min SOT. Yeah. Wow. And then this morning I awoke to find it at 18% having gone to sleep with it just above 50%. I remember why I was so desperate to upgrade now.

Going to miss the beastly battery life of the Moto X.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Going back to Nexus 5 is insanely difficult. 1hr 30min SOT. Yeah. Wow. And then this morning I awoke to find it at 18% having gone to sleep with it just above 50%. I remember why I was so desperate to upgrade now.

Going to miss the beastly battery life of the Moto X.

Haha! Yeah if I sent mine back I'd have to use the nexus 5 as I've sold my one m8 and the idea of more than having my battery life really isn't appealing!

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

I have also started the return process. Reason; just a bit too large for my liking. I've realised that 5.5" phones are not really suitable for my tiny pockets and tiny hands! I've ordered a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact for easy one-handed usability and pocketability.

I'm missing the battery performance of the X Play I have been using my Zenfone 2 recently.

My OnePlus 2 should arrive tomorrow or Saturday so can't wait for that!

Thomasj51

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

Tbh the poor battery reviews (gsmarena for example saying the battery luge is worse than that on the OnePlus one) the problems with 810, lack of quickcharge along with the problems with the home button has put me off the OnePlus two. I have a oneplus one since it came out and got an invite for oneplus two (gave it away)

It's nice to see that after the whole rubbish with phone companies sacrificing battery to make the phone as thin as possible, its good to see Motorola amongst others moving focus back to getting good battery. This will be my next phone soon! :)

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Tbh the poor battery reviews (gsmarena for example saying the battery luge is worse than that on the OnePlus one) the problems with 810, lack of quickcharge along with the problems with the home button has put me off the OnePlus two. I have a oneplus one since it came out and got an invite for oneplus two (gave it away)

It's nice to see that after the whole rubbish with phone companies sacrificing battery to make the phone as thin as possible, its good to see Motorola amongst others moving focus back to getting good battery. This will be my next phone soon! :)

Battery is good so far on my OnePlus 2, here is yesterday's usage for example, 3 hours screen time and still on 55%. I am happy with that, the build quality is amazing also.

Attachments

• 15387.jpg
    15387.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 15386.jpg
    15386.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 32

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Battery is good so far on my OnePlus 2, here is yesterday's usage for example, 3 hours screen time and still on 55%. I am happy with that, the build quality is amazing also.

Please compare everything (software and hardware). pros n cons as u have used both the device... what u miss from MX Play and what u love in OP2 over Play etc.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Hey Mrrikki
You didn't compare play and op2. Which one is better? I am waiting for the comparison.

They are both good in their own right.

Moto X Play is lighter, pure android with likely faster updates and amazing battery.

OnePlus 2, feels amazing, looks amazing very premium feel. Performance is lightening fast and Oxygen OS is very light almost feels pure android. Battery I am getting a full day and 5 hours screen time on average so still very good.

Either phones wotks it all depends on your needs, for my needs the OnePlus 2 wins.