Hi, I recieved my Moto X Play today and have really enjoyed using it until this evening.
    However, whenever iI try and record video (1080p), there seem to be 2 problems:
    1) It zooms in a bit when the record button is pressed (not sure if this is normal (i.e changing aspect ratio), can somebody test it for me please?)
    2) This is far worse - there is significant lag on the screen, as in it if i move the phone it take a short while to show any movement on the screen :/

I've tried resetting the Moto camera app, and not saving things onto an SD card (my SD card should be fast enough for there to be no issues anyway).
    Because it's the evening, I'm wondering if this has something to do with the low light conditions? Could somebody please experiment for me and see if the same happens to them in low light? Obviously I'll test again in the morning, but this is on my mind rn >_<.

EDIT: Downloaded Google Camera and there's no issue whatsoever.. therefore this is an issue with the Motorola Camera App, which is ridiculous - I don't think this is a common issue, anyone got any ideas for a fix?
    09-02-2015 08:17 PM
    Update: The Lag is less obvious in better light. I've concluded that it's caused by a video stabilisation system. I think there should be an option to disable it tbh. As for it zooming in, that's simply annoying (as the Google Camera maintains the same fov when recording).
    09-03-2015 07:46 AM
    I just checked mine and no lag at all on decent light. Not got the opportunity to try low light at the mo.

Have you taken any photos with the Google camera app? How does it compare to the moto app?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 08:04 AM
    I just checked mine and no lag at all on decent light. Not got the opportunity to try low light at the mo.

Have you taken any photos with the Google camera app? How does it compare to the moto app?

Mine's not really lagging at the moment, but the stabilisation system feels strange. Does yours zoom in a little when you press the record button?
    I prefer the Moto Camera over the Google Camera because the Moto one has the exposure control. There's plenty of camera apps on the Playstore so I'm testing out a few.
    09-03-2015 08:09 AM
    Yes it does zoom in. Didn't notice it the first time. Must be something to do with the way it uses the sensor I guess

09-03-2015 08:12 AM
    Oh Ok, that's reassuring . If you want video with a greater fov (albeit no stabilisation) then the Google Camera works for that.
    09-03-2015 09:28 AM
    Perhaps the stabilisation works by using less if the sensor as the actual image and using the outlying pixels to adjust for camera shake. Hence the zoomed in view

09-03-2015 09:30 AM