What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Play?

Brent Zaniewski

Accessory Editor
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're not rocking the new Moto X Play naked, then you've probably already slapped a case on it, or are at least considering your options. There are some great protective cases up for grabs from Supcase and i-Blason worth checking out if you're on the hunt. We're interested in hearing if you're going slim or bulky, and what cases and covers you've taken a liking to!

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a cheap clear case from eBay, 3 cruzerlite cases and a supcase off eBay :)

I haven't received them yet, I love cruzerlite cases though. Easy to put on, look good, lots of colours, they cover all the edges and have a lip over the front of the phone, yet not too bulky. I've used supcases as well and they are good solid cases that are in the middle of slim and bulky. A good case to use if i'm planning on a big night out and don't trust myself to hang on to my phone as much ;)

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Right now my Moto X Play is naked, but I'm not sure what I should slap on it. It feels odd not having a case.

I'm a bit leery of eBay after my clear cases for the Zenfone 2 never showed. Unless I found some not coming from China, that is....

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the official Motorola flip cover today. I'm normally not a fan of these kind of cases as they tend to not stay closed all the time when the phone is lying on a table.

The Moto one does, which is great! Almost TOO well actually, as it's not so easy to open the cover one-handed (yes, I'm picky... Hah!) It uses what seems to be a magnet to stay closed.

What is odd however, is that opening or closing the flip does not affect the screen in any way. The screen will stay lit when you close the cover, and aside from Moto Display kicking in because I moved the phone, it won't turn on automatically after opening the flip.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I use a pouch. I like using the phone naked and just protect it from scratches and dirt when in my pocket or lying around unused. There are none available here so I recycled an old sunglasses bag. It works great :)

thespinner

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Just a basic back cover from Amazon: TUDIA Ultra Slim Full-Matte. The speaker/earpiece grills on the Play are recessed rather than protruding like on the Moto X 2014, so this case is useful for raising the screen off the surface when placing the phone face down.

Majkelu

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I've just recieved the Diztronic TPU case for my Moto X Play and it's a brilliant case! Everything is cutted properly, the case overall is slim, minimalistic and nice to hold in the hand. Here are few photos ;)

2O312qB.jpg
COZAuWT.jpg

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
4bddaa85853f930e8985da746532d45c.jpg

Just ordered this. :)

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I got a Supcase Unicorn Beetle (can't link as <10 posts) and paired it with a tempered glass screen protector. My device feels pretty protected as the case fits well. The only drawback I can imagine is that the rear plastic is quite thick and therefore insulating. I live in the UK so that's not a problem, but I'd be wary in 30C+ temperatures.

7v60FZk.jpg
P1uXJKa.jpg
Dreadful photos taken with my old Nexus 4. The X Play's camera is so amazing in comparison.

EduardB

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys, What I like in a case is not really the protective aspect even if I need a mininal protection to avoid random scratches...I'm a big fan of the kind of tpu skin for iphones. Does anyone know an ultra thin case that preserves the design of the moto x play? thanks

thespinner

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
So I changed my case from TUDIA Ultra Slim Full-Matte to Cimo [Wave] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case. I had the same case on my previous Moto X. Much grippier and noticeably slimmer.

DSC03037.JPGDSC03039.JPGDSC03040.JPG

Gargeya

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Check on Flipkart. You have tons of cases there. I got the excelsior case as i specifically wanted one with a card holder but not a flip case. While the power and volume buttons look cheap because of the gold paint, the case is good and is covered with PU leather and quite discreet.

MotoXTC

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Really liking the Incipio DualPro!
Has a hard, yet grippable outer shell, and impact absorbing inner. All while being slim and fitting the device perfectly. So happy with it!

I bought it through Koodo, at the same time as purchasing the phone! 😊

Last edited:

anon(9883946)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
After having a history of probably overprotecting my devices, I decided to go with the Incipio Octane case I bought from Virgin Mobile at the same time I bought the phone. So far I like it and feel it's the right level of protection :)

incipio-motorola-moto-x-play-octane-case-frost-black-ab_1.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2