Guys..I've been using the phone for a week..today morning I realised the phone os got updated ..tha application lists are now vertical more like android m..can anyone provide further insights what is this update all about.any change log available? Have tried searching on the internet but with no luck ..have put a screenshot below

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails moto x play android update-3695.jpg  
    Thomas joyce likes this.
    09-25-2015 12:17 AM
    Possibly prep for Marshmallow (eg. Google Now on Tap - not enable in Lollipop).

Also said to improve the performance of the Google Now launcher on the Moto X Play.

http://m.androidcentral.com/google-a...formance-boost

09-25-2015 01:47 AM
    Yes it was just an update to the Google all that caused the change

09-25-2015 02:20 AM
    Thanks guys..i can see there are few changes that have come in as part if this update

09-25-2015 02:35 AM
    Did it fix the the lag between noticeable while closing the app drawer or home screen?
    Currently using nova launcher now and it fixed all those issues.
    If the performance had improved than please reply?

09-25-2015 04:43 AM
    Did it fix the the lag between noticeable while closing the app drawer or home screen?

Yes closing the app drawer is a smooth animation now. Check it out, its easy to just try it from the Home option in settings. I still find it laggy sometimes moving to and from the Google now page so it hasn't quite made as much difference for me as id hoped

09-25-2015 07:01 AM

Not sure mate..I didn't notice any lag in the first place..not experiencing any difference or lag now as well

I experience a stutter while closing the apps..that too only when I try to swipe the app to left while trying to close..if I swipe towards right for closing the app..its smooth

09-25-2015 07:05 AM
    Installed nova launcher. Now there is no lag while opening apps or the launcher.
    Try it

09-28-2015 05:03 AM
    Guys i noticed something on my moto x play today. When a Facebook messenger chat head pops up, the lag in quick toggle notification shade disappears. Works buttery smooth. But when i removes the chat head by swiping it down to the cross, the stutter in quick toggles reappears... Try it yourself.... Clearly it's a software issue and Motorola must pass an update to rectify this glitch.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    09-28-2015 06:57 AM
    But sadly it seems that it is not their priority to fix the X Play's software, I mean it has been at least a month and still nothing, right? And this should be a critical problem.
    10-05-2015 01:43 PM
    But sadly it seems that it is not their priority to fix the X Play's software, I mean it has been at least a month and still nothing, right? And this should be a critical problem.
    I expect they will wait for marshmallow now. I'm hoping they developed the play with some of the early builds of android 6 and so the phone is going to be better optimised on marshmallow. Heres hoping!

10-05-2015 03:41 PM
    Hey even the moto x pure/style has problems in the software

10-15-2015 07:22 AM
    Hey even the moto x pure/style has problems in the software

Which phone doesn't? :S The problem with Android is that it is harder to optimize because it needs to run on so many hardware combinations. It is the same with Windows on the desktop. This is the reason why sometimes iOS and Windows Phone feel smoother, they only need to optimize it to run on very specific hardware.

PS: I bought the X Play and it is not bad, at all. Pretty smooth actually. I'm expecting that it will get even smoother with the 6.0 update.
    10-17-2015 12:45 PM