Kind of miss the pedometer I used to have on my one m8 through the fitbit app so wondered if I can get the same on the play. Installed Google fit, walked 10 paces and it said I'd done 77 steps! So I promptly deleted it as a waste of time .

Has anyone got a pedometer working reliably? I know we don't have a gyroscope but assume they work using the accelerometers so don't see any reason why it shouldn't work

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-26-2015 07:59 AM
    I've been using Pacer for a while which seems to work great. I'm not sure how accurate they really are in terms of down to the one unit of steps but they definitely give me an indication of how I'm doing. Best thing is it just sits in the background, no location or any battery drain really. The UI is really cool too and will notify you when you hit new targets. Which usually happens to be Friday nights for me...after the pub lol
    09-26-2015 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the heads up on that app. I tried it and it worked well, much closer to reality than Google fit was. However I noticed it in the battery stats and it turns out the keep awake time was equal to the time since I installed it so basically it was keeping my phone awake. Not sure why. I switched off the notification so could be related to that. Anyway uninstalled now as would rather my phone go to sleep than know how many steps I've done!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-26-2015 02:20 PM