Experiencing severe stutter

Raulprem

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys

Have been experiencing severe stuttering on my Play..this started after last weeks google app update I guess..the performance was really flawless until then..what should I do ?

Should I keep waiting that the next update for google may solve everything or may be wait till marshmallow rolls out..are there any work arounds

Posted via the Android Central App

hipporama

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have been facing severe stutters right from the start, even before the google app update. Tried a factory reset twice but it was of no use.

I'm quite disappointed with the performance. I moved from a Nexus 5 mainly for the battery. While the battery life has been phenomenal, it has come at the cost of a severe performance hit.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Where are you suffering that stuttering? Using apps or with the launcher transitions and animations? You could try clearing cache for Google app and Google Now launcher in settings - apps - all tab and then reboot the phone.

apachian_ayush

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Where are you suffering that stuttering? Using apps or with the launcher transitions and animations? You could try clearing cache for Google app and Google Now launcher in settings - apps - all tab and then reboot the phone.
What are where benefits of being in warranty?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

apachian_ayush

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean on regard of this particular issue? Not sure, you should contact Motorola about that.
I planning to flash a smooth custom ROM as i am already frustrated in using stuttering stock firmware. I know its will gonna void my warranty. If i loose my warranty what all the risk i might face???

hipporama

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I planning to flash a smooth custom ROM as i am already frustrated in using stuttering stock firmware. I know its will gonna void my warranty. If i loose my warranty what all the risk i might face???

If you lose your warranty then you're screwed if you're having problems with the phone hardware.

apachian_ayush

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will wait for marshmallow update. Hope it will going to solve this issues of lag and animation stuttering.

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
After doing some tests and posting in XDA, I found two solutions for the lag.

First, you can downgrade the screen to 720p, no need to root, just adb commands, and thrust me, it's hard to tell the diffidence between 720 and 1080 with this screen.

The second, and best solution, but it requires Root and may void your warranty, it's to flash CM ROM, ans also, do the 720 downgrade.

It runs just fine with 1080 with CM, but for extra smoothness, I did the downgrade.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463