I can get this phone for cheaper but im wonder is nexus 5x worth the extra cost of 100$ more if you buy both unlocked or i can get a moto x play for 0$ on a contract.
    10-22-2015 06:30 PM
    That will depend on your needs and what you value more on a phone. I decided for the Play and I don't regret my choice. I would consider these differences.

X Play.

Price.
    Moto Maker.
    SD card.
    Bigger battery.
    Bigger screen with practically the same external size.
    Better camera (?).
    Dual SIM in some markets.

Nexus 5X.

Better specs and performance (?).
    Fingerprint scan and a couple more sensors.
    Quicker updates.
    cooperb21 likes this.
    10-22-2015 07:01 PM
    That will depend on your needs and what you value more on a phone. I decided for the Play and I don't regret my choice. I would consider these differences.

X Play.

Price.
    Moto Maker.
    SD card.
    Bigger battery.
    Bigger screen with practically the same external size.
    Better camera (?).
    Dual SIM in some markets.

Nexus 5X.

Better specs and performance (?).
    Fingerprint scan and a couple more sensors.
    Quicker updates.
    Its a hard choice the thing im worried about the most is the speed of the x play. Its a budget phone but i cant stand lag in phones so im not sure.

I dont care about faste updates and finger print scanner. So it all comes down to how the speed difference feels but there are no stores near me that sell the nexus 5x to test.
    10-22-2015 07:11 PM
    I would say it's likely the 5X will be considered to have the better camera fwiw.
    10-22-2015 11:25 PM
    I just got the nexus 5x and think the moto x play might be better. slightly larger but way better screen.
    10-29-2015 05:13 PM
    For me the moto X play is the ideal size. I have slight regret due to the performance issues and have eyed up the 5x several times but the screen size would be a step back for me as would the battery life. A better option would be the 6p but then that's too large.

If Google bring out a nexus with a 5.5 inch screen next year then that would likely be my next phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2015 07:22 AM
    I don't know why you guys keep talking about system lag and thinking 5x will be better. It stumbles a lot too. Especially typing. It has the same exact stutters that the moto does. Really look at the screen size for your decision. Plus the 5x has extremely low volume output if you use it to play music in your car its bad. The body width of the 5x is less than 1mm smaller so holding the teo phones I'd about the same. The finger print scanner and marshmallow are honestly the only things better in the 5x
    10-30-2015 11:44 AM