Autoconnect on WiFi networks ?

Petros DIMITRIOU

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
My Moto X play is showing an extraordinary behaviour.
I connect for example once to a WiFi network that asks for my phone number to which it texts a 4 or 6 digit code for me input and then connect freely.
From that point onwards whenever I am near this network, my phone connects automatically without any input from me.

My Moto X 2014 was NOT doing this, it required ALWAYS to go through the code input process...
My N5 was NOT doing this, it required the same process...

Any ideas anyone whether this is "normal" ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Never used that kind of connection system. Have you checked with the network administrators? Maybe some certificate was installed to connect automatically.

Petros DIMITRIOU

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Amazing isnt it? Yes it always does it, and honestly, I am very very happy with this.
Less hassle, faster internet access...
However my question remains. Is this "normal"? Or is it a matter of specific settings which I selected (without knowingly doing so)...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Amazing isnt it? Yes it always does it, and honestly, I am very very happy with this.
Less hassle, faster internet access...
However my question remains. Is this "normal"? Or is it a matter of specific settings which I selected (without knowingly doing so)...

This is the first I have heard of this, so I'm not sure. It does make an interesting security feature.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The remote network is most likely storing your phone's MAC address so subsequent connections are trusted automatically.

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't work with my moto x.
This feature is great. I have used in my friends windows phones. Probably all windows phones has this feature...

Posted via moto x play

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835