I have received an OS update yesterday and mistakenly I declined it. How can I get it back?

A

AC Question

I have received an OS update yesterday and mistakenly I declined it.

I'm using Moto X play and the android version is 5.1.1.. Yesterday I received an update and I mistakenly declined it. Now when I check it in the "System Updates" option, it is showing as "Your device software is up to date". But still it is in Android 5.1.1..
Please suggest.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have received an OS update yesterday and mistakenly I declined it.

Welcome to Android Central! In that case, you usually have to wait a little while longer before it shows up again. Give it a week or two.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! In that case, you usually have to wait a little while longer before it shows up again. Give it a week or two.

Haha... Youre joking right?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

If it was declined, you can try doing a manual check. In settings>about device should be a system update button that will check to see if one is available. I have heard of some phones that only check once every few days, so a week isn't too far fetched.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Haha... Youre joking right?

No, I think he's not. Usually Motorola updates are released in batches. You have to wait until your phone is included in one of them and if you decline the update you need to wait, again, until you're included in the next one. Sad, I know :(