Update to Marshmallow Moto X Play

Paul86

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Got the notification this morning. Downloading now. Didn't screenshot. Trust me. I am on WIND Mobile

Posted via the Android Central App

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine too, I'm on Koodo (telus retail though)

So far so good. I have noticed performance is much smoother overall too.

Attachments

• 3409.jpg
    3409.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 117

butler83

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Impatiently waiting here in uk, is performance noticeable better as in animations and multi tasking?

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I can say just in the last few hours of messing with it, I'm finding animations are smoother overall. Might just be that they are playing better to cover up loading times. I'm not sure. But I have noticed no lagging or stuttering yet and I haven't done a reset. It's just an upgrade.

So far it's been nice.

rupanidm

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do we get Flex Storage? Read about this feature in few blogs.. Don't know much about Android as MotoXPlay is my first Android after Moto Defy

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
If you have the update please let us all know where you are from, so everyone has an idea when their country is getting the update. Is it just Canada getting the update?

I'm in Australia but purchased my phone online from a UK seller. Does this mean I get my update when UK X Plays get the update or when Australian X Plays get it?

Last edited:

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Soak test is going on in India so it should be soon to receive the android M update. Patiently waiting for it.....:)

Posted via moto x play

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Is the focus problem in the camera fixed now? How is the overall performance specially RAM usage(free RAM) and multi-tasking ?

Posted via moto x play

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what the focusing issue is that you're referring to but I find my X play focuses nicely. I don't have much experience before MM though, I bought it and two days later I got the update.

Multitasking is smooth, I have had a couple refreshes of webpages when switching back but maybe 1 out of 10 times switching back to Chrome.

As far as memory is concerned, it seems a lot better than my Moto G 2nd gen with Lollipop. I use to constantly lose my music playback. And I was using the light versions of everything. Now I am using Hangouts for SMS, have my Plantronics app running, music playing and other apps running (I don't use Facebook app though, still using Tinfoil).

It still seems very speedy and animations play properly. No stuttering when switching apps. Ill be honest, I was hesitant keeping the phone with how bad the stuttering was. Now I have no complaints.

Attachments

• 3427.jpg
    3427.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 67

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you check the camera for focus issues?
Take a shot in artificial low light condition and see if it focuses properly...

Posted via moto x play

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01