Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What's the issue?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

PiYuSh gupta8

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Wifi is at the top of the battery drainage and the report of the battery usage also shows wifi on all the time even when it was off plus there is real battery drainage

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't experienced this bug but it seems related to the Location services. This process worked for several people having the same issue.

- Go to settings - location - three dots top right - scanning - uncheck WiFi and Bluetooth.

- Settings - backup & reset - network settings reset - reset settings.

- Reboot your phone for the changes to apply. You need to check if the problem persists after a full charge.

- If it doesn't work try wiping the cache partition on recovery.

https://plus.google.com/116973596552926007760/posts/ZqLAhvUEFkS

Tell us how it goes and if it works give credit to the Brazilian guys in this Google+ community :)

PiYuSh gupta8

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Already did that and rebooted also . wifi is gone from that list but when you check the battery reports it shows wifi was on when it was not sometimes

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean that the WiFi bar is solid even when you're not using it? Do you keep the WiFi radio on even when there's not network available?

By the way, did you manage to stop the battery drain?

thespinner

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem after updating my Nexus 7 to Marshmallow - lost full charge overnight . Tried the location services change and it made no difference, tried clearing the cache made no difference. I then reset the Nexus and set it up again. I've had no problems since and am getting the full benefit of the Doze feature. I use the Nexus in bed, rest of the time it sits on the bedside cabinet. I now go days between charges.

PiYuSh gupta8

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Battery drain stopped after the factory reset and location to device mode only now when I turn on the data for sometime the wifi bar strikes back in history only !

winlight

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem ever since I got the OTA update for Marshmallow. WiFi is the top battery gobbler in the list 10% and more!! Tried all the solutions that are on the net and it still not fixed!!

Last edited:

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
a68f919cc7b9c14fb05bf43b0f123ae3.jpg

Yep same here too. Going to try a few things now.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did everything posted above except for resetting network settings and it stopped. Finally I have the battery life I was expecting on this phone.

3119c7f57dffc131adda9e860c17db01.jpg

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset after update and then got the Wifi battery drain.

Turned location to GPS only, turned off Bluetooth and Wifi scanning and rebooted.

ylap

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Seems the 6.0.1 update fixed WiFi battery drain or most likely incorrect report on battery usage. Now WiFi is not on top of the list.

Marina Carvalho

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Seems the 6.0.1 update fixed WiFi battery drain or most likely incorrect report on battery usage. Now WiFi is not on top of the list.

I did everything suggested above, updated to 6.0.1 and I still have battery drain from wifi. It seems that I'm using much more battery than I should be with apps like WhatsApp and Messenger. My battery was full when I woke up, wifi turned off, light usage on 4g (1h18 sot) and my wifi bar is solid, now I have only 65% left. This issue will drive me crazy soon :(

Paul86

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
WiFi using the most of my battery me on 6.0.1 and not getting through a day with much battery left. Did not turn off wifi scanning until now. Hope it gets better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37