When will Moto X Play in Europe get Marshmallow update?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow Europe

Just seen on Google plus that marshmallow has arrived on the play in France this weekend. Not sure if this is a soak or official release. Nothing here in the UK

Posted via the Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Any news on this for the UK? I'm kind of shocked how long it's taken Motorola to roll this out. I thought they used to be the first after nexus, sometimes even beating it! Of course if marshmallow is bug free then I suppose it's worth the wait

thespinner

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Do you think Motorola have forgotten that they launched the Moto X Play in the UK?

ACReader

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site

I had an OTA Marshmallow update notification yesterday evening but when I came to install it today it had disappeared and About Phone -> System Updates just reports my X Play is up to date. Where has Marshmallow gone?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I've seen one comment on xda forum about someone in the UK getting marshmallow a couple of nights ago but no one else appears to have the same. Nothing for me.

I'm amazed how slowly Motorola are taking to roll this out. Part of the reason for switching to moto was for fast updates!

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

In fact it's quite ironic to note that my old phone, HTC one m8, has already got marshmallow in the UK and on network branded handsets. So much for a fast update on a sim free moto

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Nothing in the UK for me at least. The update seems to be on XDA though so surely there is some possibility it might be released soon. Surely!

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Just checked and the update is available for my phone in the UK. Unfortunately I'm at work so can't download now but hopefully this is it finally here and it won't disappear!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Mine is prompting me to update to v6....anyone done it and have many/any issues? (I'm UK based)

I've been running Marshmallow for a few weeks and my Play is running much better than with Lollipop. A couple of minor bugs that don't affect performance at all. I recommend the update. I'm not in the UK though :)

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I've just updated. Initial impressions are good. Much improved responsiveness and less laggy. I will do a factory reset but will probably give it a play for a day first then reset it tomorrow and start fresh. Google play music is still a bit slow but many other aspects improved including Google photos, gmail in messages and the navigation pane in Google maps