In call volume

bugbear12

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem when making a call in that I cannot hear the other person, unless it's on loud speaker. I thought that with Android phones you could adjust call volume during a call, but when I press the volume buttons during a call, the screen displays the ring volume icon with no mention of in call volume. Could there be a fault with the phone or is there something I could try?
Thanks for any replies.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's strange. I just double checked in my X Play and I can adjust the call volume while on a call. I get the volume slider and the phone icon. Are you using a third party dialer? Does the problem persist after a reboot?

Attachments

• 1452871784208.jpg
    1452871784208.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 12

bugbear12

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the standard software. I've just done a factory reset and the problem is still there. When I press the volume button during a call I just get the ring volume icon next to the slider. It's weird!

Edit: When I switch to loudspeaker and then press the volume button the call icon then does appear next to the slider.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's weird! Three possibilities I can think of.

- Defective unit. Check with Motorola or your carrier.

- A conflict with a third party app that you downloaded. Boot in safe mode and see if the problem persists.

- Some conflict in your settings. Go to settings - apps - three dots top right - reset app preferences and reboot.

The factory reset should have fixed the last two possibilities but there's a chance that those options were restored from your account backup.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I noticed your edit after I posted my reply. That's even weirder! It's your phone retail or from a network provider? Do you have any specific carrier settings?

bugbear12

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that's weird! Three possibilities I can think of.

- Defective unit. Check with Motorola or your carrier.

- A conflict with a third party app that you downloaded. Boot in safe mode and see if the problem persists.

- Some conflict in your settings. Go to settings - apps - three dots top right - reset app preferences and reboot.

The factory reset should have fixed the last two possibilities but there's a chance that those options were restored from your account backup.

bugbear12

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Sorry my last reply did not post properly.I have since spoken to Motorola who talked me through the safe mode, but it did not work. As it seems so simple, I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but the retailer (john lewis) has agreed to replace it anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1